Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Horse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2009, 11:17 am

Anyone else here have a bit of an obsession with them? I used to sleep with my great granny (yeah she was alive back then) cuz she had smooth finger nails and the only way I could sleep was by rubbing them with my thumb. My moms finger nails just werent the same thing. As I grew older the only alternative was these flat smooth ceramic stones I found in my friends house and swiped the first chance I got. I'm still addicted to rubbing smooth objects but I've found a sustainable smooth object which I can rub all I like nowadays. The underside of my hair. I look like a homo when I do this because I look like I'm playing with my hair the same way women do. I also end up looking like a hedgehog with ridiculous spikes all over my head but I couldn't really give a crap because theres nothing more satisfying than rubbing the underside of my hair. Unfortunately I shave my head twice a year and just did it there a few days ago so I'm all outta smooth objects. This is probably more OCD than autism though. Anyone else here do this?

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2009, 11:44 am

Horse wrote:
The underside of my hair. I look like a homo when I do this because I look like I'm playing with my hair the same way women do.

1.) please refrain from the idiocy of stereotyping the gay male community as all being effeminate. this is simply untrue, the reverse in fact is true. the majority of gay men are indistinguishable to straight men. you merely stereotype because their behaviour is different.

2.)you use the word "homo" (short for homosexual i presume) in a derogatory way, as if its something you'd dread being called. please use comon courtesy and use the proper teminology when referring to a minority. respect is a two-way street.

and yes i do like to rub smooth things, more of a stim than an obsession.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 12:11 pm

irishaspie wrote:
please refrain from the idiocy of stereotyping the gay male community as all being effeminate. this is simply untrue, the reverse in fact is true. the majority of gay men are indistinguishable to straight men. you merely stereotype because their behaviour is different.

Since he was talking about hair, I'm sure the boy was referring to the slang term meaning 'Lawnscaping done by a prostitute', which of course spelled correctly would be Who'mow. :wink:

irishaspie
Toucan
Toucan

30 Dec 2009, 12:17 pm

i kinda dont want to let the issue slide since its a serious thing (perhaps he was ignorant of the stigma) but that was well done willard :lol:

Horse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2009, 1:26 pm

irishaspie wrote:
Horse wrote:
The underside of my hair. I look like a homo when I do this because I look like I'm playing with my hair the same way women do.

1.) please refrain from the idiocy of stereotyping the gay male community as all being effeminate. this is simply untrue, the reverse in fact is true. the majority of gay men are indistinguishable to straight men. you merely stereotype because their behaviour is different.

2.)you use the word "homo" (short for homosexual i presume) in a derogatory way, as if its something you'd dread being called. please use comon courtesy and use the proper teminology when referring to a minority. respect is a two-way street.

and yes i do like to rub smooth things, more of a stim than an obsession.

Where you from irishaspie? From Dublin myself.

2.) No I meant homo-erectus, a prehistoric troglodyte. If your homosexual yourself sorry to offend you I could have been a little more careful with my choice of words I didn't anticipate anyone to be offended. A mistake I make more often than not.

Willard wrote:
Since he was talking about hair, I'm sure the boy was referring to the slang term meaning 'Lawnscaping done by a prostitute', which of course spelled correctly would be Who'mow. :wink:

Hahaha!!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2009, 1:33 pm

I remember grocery shoping with my mom and always stroking the cans of a paticular brand of tomato paste because the label was sooo smooth. I think think it was Hunt's. I LOVED to stoke it as if it were an animal. I think my mom bought some cans once and I think I liked to stroke them while watching TV. She would let me have the empty cans when she empted the contents into the pot but it just didn't feel the same once the can had been opened.

cosmiccat
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

30 Dec 2009, 1:47 pm

I posted something in the "Favorite Sensations" thread about a certain area on the top of my husband's foot that is very smooth and feels like satin and how I love to rub my toes against it as I am falling asleep. Someone suggested that I had a foot fetish. I explained that it was sensual and not sexual. Anyway, Horse, yes I do have a fondness for smooth objects and know about those smooth flat or round stones, and in fact, keep a few (although one would be enough) in my coat pocket. Also, I used to rub the bridge of my nose when I was a kid and found it very soothing. I had an aunt that I slept with whenever she visited and she always stoked the inside of my arm with the smooth tips of her long red finger nails until I went to sleep. I used to ask her to do this.

Also, to IrishAspie - what do homosexuals like to be called or what is acceptable? I am asking you this seriously. I don't see anything wrong with Homo as opposed to Hetro. It's to the point and I don't understand why it would be offensive. Where did the term "gay" come from? I don't understand why that would be preferred, if indeed it is. I also think "queer" is not a derogatory term. I was in a writer's workshop with a group of lesbians and they referred to themselves as queer, dykes and fems. What makes these terms offensive in your opinion? Sorry, to the OP, for getting off topic, but my curiosity has been stirred up.