Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 2:50 am

Does anyone feel like they have no idea how other people see them? I'm sure I'm not the only one...I think most NTs have at least some general idea. Lately I've been wondering if the way I perceive myself is always the exact opposite of what everyone else thinks. Sometimes, I'll think I made a huge ass of myself the night before and I'll get texts saying I was really funny and entertaining. (this is usually only applied to nights that I drink) Often the opposite has happened. I dated somone for a while and thought things were going great, just to be dumped seemingly out of nowhere. I just wonder if this is a normal thing to constantly be confused about... It makes me just judge social situations based on whether I was able to make someone laugh or not. If I'm able to make someone laugh, it's a sure signal that they enjoy my company, at least somewhat. I'm even doubting this though, because I'm realizing a lot of people fake laugh very well.

It causes me stress when I'm teased also. There is this one guy who likes to joke around, and at first I just took everything he said as a joke. Then I started getting confused as to what was a joke, and what he was actually serious about. I usually try to end my jokes with "just kidding". Not everyone else does this and when I'm having trouble reading people (especially when I'm tired) I start to read too much into their jokes, and withdrawl.

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 3:46 am

This is why I avoid political and religion talk,
I always step on someones toes, hard BUT I DON'T MEAN TO,
Really, I do not wish to just step on someone who
has done Nothing to me. It only gets me in trubble
not with the law, butt I make a poopybottom of me.

I stick to either electronics or play things
like happy stuff and things that I canot
get in trubble for, and cause myself a malfunction.

I am better off that way.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 4:00 am

I used to have no idea what people thought. Complete disconnect. Now I am better at reading them, but more importantly, better at not giving a crap what most people think. The people that matter to me are few and far between.

I have low tolerance for people who always joke around, and especially pranksters.

Iuri
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jan 2010, 6:55 am

It often happens to me. And sometimes NT people say what they call ironical things, i. e. to say something and mean the opposite (Sometimes I can't stand this!).
What I do is to avoid people that makes many jokes or are too much ironical. I understand some jokes, hence I tolerate them for some things.

Iuri
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

02 Jan 2010, 6:59 am

It often happens to me. And sometimes NT people say what they call ironical things, i. e. to say something and mean the opposite (Sometimes I can't stand this!).
What I do is to avoid people that makes many jokes or are too much ironical. I understand some jokes, hence I tolerate them for some things.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 9:25 am

Well, I have had this sort of problem. It is NOT an AS problem. I managed to find out about a LOT of people, because some are so careless, etc.... SOME think they are RESPECTED, and they are RIDICULED. SOME think people HATE them, and people ADMIRE them. Sadly, I have been in both groups.

Sometimes people ridicule me for something, and I find they are ridiculed even worse, and THEY don't know it.

So don't feel that this is JUST you or because of AS.

Snazzlestick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jan 2010, 9:27 am

I'm always convinced everyone hates me and finds me to be an annoying, s**t person.

The blues are because you're getting fat, and maybe it's been raining too long. You're just sad, that's all. The mean reds are horrible. Suddenly you're afraid, and you don't know what you're afraid of.

dustintorch
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 1:09 pm

Snazzlestick wrote:
I'm always convinced everyone hates me and finds me to be an annoying, sh** person.

yeah I find myself thinking that a lot too.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 10:02 pm

dustintorch wrote:
Snazzlestick wrote:
I'm always convinced everyone hates me and finds me to be an annoying, sh** person.

yeah I find myself thinking that a lot too.

I find myself thinking the same thing from time to time.

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2010, 7:39 am

me too.