Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 7:55 pm

My dad asked why I wasn't watching the Haiti thing tonight on tv I told him my views then he repeated So why aren't you watching the Haiti thing? He does this to annoy me LOL! He KNOWS I'll just repeat what I just said. Does this happen to anyone else?

mikkyh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2010, 8:00 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
My dad asked why I wasn't watching the Haiti thing tonight on tv I told him my views then he repeated So why aren't you watching the Haiti thing? He does this to annoy me LOL! He KNOWS I'll just repeat what I just said. Does this happen to anyone else?

People tease me and I don't notice it so I get very angry and frustrated. I don't know if that's what you mean but that's my input.

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 8:04 pm

I don't get frustrated I don't mind repeating myself since I know he's joking around. :-)

mikkyh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Jan 2010, 8:09 pm

zeldapsychology wrote:
I don't get frustrated I don't mind repeating myself since I know he's joking around. :-)

I sometimes don't though :( Like when I say something about hearing he'll go "What?" over and over and I won't get it until he explains it to me.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

22 Jan 2010, 8:59 pm

mikkyh wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:

I sometimes don't though :( Like when I say something about hearing he'll go "What?" over and over and I won't get it until he explains it to me.

My step dad does that to me all the time and I always forget and fall for the same joke over and over again. He'll say "pardon?" many times before I get annoyed and he has to explain it to me...yet again.

Also, because I'm vegan he sometimes jokes and says things like..."This soup you made is nice, especially because I snuck some chicken stock in it for us." & I completely freak out and he just sits there laughing at me. It's not funny. :x

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

mikkyh wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:

People tease me and I don't notice it so I get very angry and frustrated. I don't know if that's what you mean but that's my input.

I get like that too but I try to think the opposite....
Yea... People sometimes jokes around me with me but I don't mind, but when something serious is going on and they are joking around... That's when it would just annoy me.

zippy256
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jan 2010, 9:12 pm

mikkyh wrote:
zeldapsychology wrote:

I hate it when people do that! I finally understand the 'joke' (it's supposed to be funny right?), but I still end up repeating myself at the time because I haven't worked out that it's a joke in the moment.

subliculous
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Jan 2010, 9:40 pm

most of that is base humour. when i try to use satire or sarcasm or urbane humor, i get nothing but a blank face from them, too. so tell me who's more advanced.

btw, most of this joking and jibing seems to be dad-centric; my dad never joked around with me or the rest of us that way. he was a very morose old catholic and there was never any of that playful teasing humor - it was pure rancor all the way.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 10:22 pm

My family members and I joke around with each other all the time. My brother is the one who usually pokes fun at me. His jokes used to upset me, but I learned over time that he had no bad intentions. Now I laugh along with him. My parents sometimes tease me too, but it's so very lighthearted that there's no way it could be misconstrued as mean-spirited.

As for me, I tease my parents about a lot of things too, especially my dad since he laughs at the jokes I make about him. I don't tease my brother though, because he's having self-esteem problems.

Now, on the other hand, when a certain older sister of mine teases one of us, our feelings always get hurt because she does it with malicious intent and hides behind the "just kidding" excuse.