Be thankful you only had your PMs disabled Sean

Page 2 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

jman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 1:17 pm

Postperson wrote:
....you have to clean the wound first, otherwise it will just re-open or fester into something worse.

No the wound was already starting to heal but Sean decided to "pick at it" by making that thread and sending out mass PMs, now we have to clean it all over again! Thanks Sean!

Sorce wrote:
And I don't think that some of you realise that you're being selfish. Writing about what could be done to make this website a better place is helpful. Making personal insults everytime you get the chance is not. Look at some of the threads around here. A lot of us are under a ton of stress at home, at school, and now here. How many of us are on antidepressants? People come here for help. Not for more stress.

Here, Here sorce

You hit the nail right on the head with that one.

ed
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 1:23 pm

vetivert wrote:
d'you know, i'm getting highly sick of being told (or it being suggested) that i'm a conspiracy theorist, "blowing smoke".

Since this is your first post in this topic, what could possibly lead you to believe that my remarks were aimed at you?

odeon
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2006, 1:28 pm

jman wrote:
No the wound was already starting to heal but Sean decided to "pick at it" by making that thread and sending out mass PMs, now we have to clean it all over again! Thanks Sean!

What made you think that this particular wound was healing? Deleting or locking threads does NOT heal wounds.

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 3:26 pm

ed wrote:
vetivert wrote:
d'you know, i'm getting highly sick of being told (or it being suggested) that i'm a conspiracy theorist, "blowing smoke".

Since this is your first post in this topic, what could possibly lead you to believe that my remarks were aimed at you?

not just you - in other threads, it's been posited that those who claimed alex was using WP to make money, and i quote, "should be ashamed of themselves".

i'm not ashamed. but then, i never am, when i'm telling the truth.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 4:01 pm

ed wrote:
Nobody loves a good conspiracy theory more than me, but I'm afraid you people are just blowing smoke this time. You would be so bored by the moderator's forum you'd exit quick. Someone references a post, or topic, and says why he/she thinks it merits a warning/advisory, removal, etc, and other moderators chime in with their two cents worth, and a consensus is reached. No one is out to "get" anyone. This site was created for us to enjoy, but we ourselves are destroying it.

Personally, I will always vote to warn anyone who makes personal attacks on others. Didn't we get enough of that sh** while growing up? We know from personal experience how much it can hurt. Why would we want to inflict that pain on our fellow aspies?

Namiko, I don't like your avitar for just that reason. It is a personal attack on Alex. It doesn't matter what grievance you have with him; personal attacks are simply not allowed.

Well said Ed, well said!

jman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 4:29 pm

Quote:
Deleting or locking threads does NOT heal wounds.

No...but continueing to b***h about how this site is run when you don't have to be here is not helping the wound either :roll:

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 5:30 pm

Come on My children can not We just all get along a bit. I am pretty sure blame could go all around for what has been happening here at the Wrong Planet. We all could point fingers at each other but that is not going to help any of Us here.

odeon
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2006, 5:38 pm

jman wrote:
Quote:
Deleting or locking threads does NOT heal wounds.

No...but continueing to b**** about how this site is run when you don't have to be here is not helping the wound either :roll:

So what you're saying is you either go with the program or you get out of here? Jman, everybody who posts here is contributing, making WP what it is, and if you're saying that this arbitrary deleting and locking is just part of the deal? And if you don't like that your words might be deleted at any time, that is just b**** about how the site is run?

Oh please.

Why not allow the honest discussion, at least, and stop constantly hinting that anyone not completely PC is simply adding to the overall stress? Maybe, just maybe, that could start the healing process.

And yes, there's always the option to leave, we get that now, but maybe some think that leaving shouldn't be the first option.

jman
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 5:50 pm

Well Im not condoning tthe random deleting and locking of threads, however I just wish we could drop this topic and move on ...

I know alex isn't perfect (nobody is) cut him some slack he's only 19 for God's sake.

odeon
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2006, 6:05 pm

jman wrote:
I know alex isn't perfect (nobody is) cut him some slack he's only 19 for God's sake.

I AM cutting him some slack. I'm deeply impressed that a 19-year old student can do all this. I couldn't have at 19, and I couldn't now.

Um, one of the reasons I could not do it when I was 19 is that there was no Internet then. :P

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 6:10 pm

odeon wrote:
Um, one of the reasons I could not do it when I was 19 is that there was no Internet then. :P

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What, Gore hadn't invented it yet?!

My younger son asked me just the other day what on-line role playing games I played as a child.
8O

BeeBee

odeon
Toucan
Toucan

03 Mar 2006, 6:14 pm

BeeBee wrote:
odeon wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What, Gore hadn't invented it yet?!

He had, but he hadn't made it public yet. He spent all his time playing online role-playing games with the Arpanet people. :wink:

BeeBee wrote:
My younger son asked me just the other day what on-line role playing games I played as a child.
8O

BeeBee

:lol:

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 6:15 pm

This thread is lame. I don't know whats worse the arguments or the moderator responses for levels of retardom.

GalileoAce
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 6:16 pm

Laz wrote:
This thread is lame. I don't know whats worse the arguments or the moderator responses for levels of retardom.

That's nice :)

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 6:17 pm

GalileoAce wrote:
Laz wrote:

That's nice :)

Do your job simpleton, lock delete

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 6:19 pm

Laz is officially as cool and funny as the pea guy.

"simpleton" lmao.

Last edited by hale_bopp on 03 Mar 2006, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.