Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

AlexUK
Raven
Raven

01 Mar 2006, 7:45 pm

Now let me speak before you all go on about how wrong i may be. I`m talking about an issue that may be old news. Weather or not there is a true, real "dark" side to AS is something that every Aspie should think about. I`m not talking about just wanting the world to be how you want it to be (that is as shallow as many NTs that want nothing but babes and booze, yes i know i`m generalising but its just an example). So does "dark" mean something bad or evil or just a level of mental understanding and focus that non aspies can`t (and will hardly ever) understand. Also what is being percieved with such focus? Teddybears or global politics? Train Times or time travel? As well as these things there is the problem of carrying these notions foward with the support of real fellow Aspie understanding.

Dark does not mean evil, in fact quite the oppisite. You can focus your mind (only an Aspie mind of course) to a state of immense strenght, a strenght to protect those from all evil. There is no way that you can focus with this strength on a purticular subject of interest, it is the unique and powerfull minds of AS that can feel this. Look beyond your fascinations, look into the future, feel like you have the entire universe in the palm of your hand and then you can look at the bigger picture and of how you can laugh at NTs not for there beliefs or hard work but for thier sheer blindness to the power of an AS mind. You must not be affried to meditate this power. YOU the individual with Aspergers Syndrome can meditate and try and find a depth in your mind and a part of the brain in which is safe from NTs as they havnt got that abillity. I never post much on here.....I look, i read, the same as i see people, i look at them, i read them.......To understand the world you live in you need to understand HOW it works and through this meditation you can begin to see just how powerfull our minds can really be. Its difficult to understand unless you can feel it but the more Aspies can the more respect it gains within the AS community.

How do you meditate this feeling???? I can do it but you can`t put it into words as they too are not deep enough. The best time to try is when someone either makes you angry or upset, you`ll see what i mean......

Have fun

Ghosthunter
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2006, 6:48 pm

AlexUK wrote:
AlexUK
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:45 am Post subject: The Dark Depths of Aspergers Reply with quote

Hi! AlexUK, Welcome to Wrongplanet. You will find alot of
UK'rs on this board!

Alex wrote:
Now let me speak before you all go on about how wrong i may be.

Ok!......Reading on!

Alex wrote:
I`m talking about an issue that may be old news.

Ok!....Reading on!

Alex wrote:
Weather or not there is a true, real "dark" side to AS is something that every Aspie should think about.

And I agree! I have had many dark writing in the period of
March to May 2005. Then this site became soft and furry
in a shallow writing style. Now there is no audience for such
honesty.

Alex wrote:
I`m not talking about just wanting the world to be how you want it to be (that is as shallow as many NTs that want nothing but babes and booze, yes i know i`m generalising but its just an example).

Too bad the current Wrongplanet is not the house for this.

Alex wrote:
So does "dark" mean something bad or evil or just a level of mental understanding and focus that non aspies can`t (and will hardly ever) understand.

Hmmmmm? I don't think it is that deliberate. It is the vaguity that
we can't connect with. A example:

example wrote:
HI! I am new here!

Person A= Welcome to Wrongplanet
Person B= Enjoy
person C= (someone like me!) Tell me about yourself?
ect.....

As you can see if I don't flow with the Aspie cliques here, regardless
of what I post, I don't get responses, be it hobbies, interests,
and cliquish stuff!

Example wrote:

Using this example...I share a interest in harry potter but
unless I am in the Bec-Clan, I am ignored!

And this isn't a dark topic.

So remember most poster here cant' or won't go deep into their mind
and purge it! Sorry! Not being positive!

Alex wrote:
Also what is being percieved with such focus? Teddybears or global politics? Train Times or time travel? As well as these things there is the problem of carrying these notions foward with the support of real fellow Aspie understanding.

I find this confusing???? Please explain!

Alex wrote:
Dark does not mean evil, in fact quite the oppisite. You can focus your mind (only an Aspie mind of course) to a state of immense strenght, a strenght to protect those from all evil.

Ok......Reading on!

Alex wrote:
There is no way that you can focus with this strength on a purticular subject of interest, it is the unique and powerfull minds of AS that can feel this. Look beyond your fascinations, look into the future, feel like you have the entire universe in the palm of your hand and then you can look at the bigger picture and of how you can laugh at NTs not for there beliefs or hard work but for thier sheer blindness to the power of an AS mind. You must not be affried to meditate this power.

This is what makes Aspies different from NT's. We obsess and master
then move onto another singular obsession. NT's don't really understand
this and can have 6 converstations from dead pet, to dishwasher breaking,
to kids, to traffic and back to dead pets. NOt a aspie trait indeed.

I am not sure if this is appropriate answer????

Alex wrote:
YOU the individual with Aspergers Syndrome can meditate and try and find a depth in your mind and a part of the brain in which is safe from NTs as they havnt got that abillity. I never post much on here.....I look, i read, the same as i see people, i look at them, i read them.......To understand the world you live in you need to understand HOW it works and through this meditation you can begin to see just how powerfull our minds can really be. Its difficult to understand unless you can feel it but the more Aspies can the more respect it gains within the AS community.

Please re-elaborate this????/ I am mis-reading into it.

Alex wrote:
How do you meditate this feeling???? I can do it but you can`t put it into words as they too are not deep enough. The best time to try is when someone either makes you angry or upset, you`ll see what i mean......

Not being sure how to respond, I would say Hmmmm? Giving a emotion
a verbal, written or video face, and displaying it to others. Too bad
aspies can be just a ingnoring as NT's and this sharing doesn't really
exist beyond their cliques(like the H_P clan that ignores me).

Though I make my H_P video to express and share! HMmmmm? Pathetic.

Sincerely,
Ghosthunter

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2006, 7:56 pm

Quote:
Look beyond your fascinations, look into the future, feel like you have the entire universe in the palm of your hand and then you can look at the bigger picture and of how you can laugh at NTs not for there beliefs or hard work but for thier sheer blindness to the power of an AS mind.

NT's have tunnel vision, they get something in their brain and thats it.

Cade
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 3:51 am

Johnnie wrote:
NT's have tunnel vision, they get something in their brain and thats it.

That can easily apply to many Aspies too. I see plenty of evidence to that fact.

Johnnie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2006, 6:39 am

Aspies might form an opinion on something and hold firm on it,but they are more likely to take many factors into consideration. The NT's use very little to form an opinion about something, they look at it one way and form their opinion and thats the end of the story for them.

Look at the voters,most are one topic voters,they have their one pet pieve and would vote for Charles Manson if he was on the right side of their pet pieve.

I've only read this forum a short time,but i see people who have deep thoughts, NT's are shallow. They don't look deep into a subject and will quickly form a firm opinion about things they know little about.

My town is building a new middle school, over $50 million dollars and people are screaming about the cost,they just saw that huge figure and started running their mouths without a clue what it was actually going to cost them. Worked out to around .50 cents a week per house in town :lol: :lol: We pay over $3000 in property taxes on the cheaper houses in town,so another $26.-- a year would be the average cost per house in town,but the people with the high priced house in town would end up picking up more of the cost, so the people in the low priced homes might end up paying $10 a year for the school. :roll:

Even if the cost was equally divided amoung every house in town,the increase in taxes wouldn't even be 1% We got hit with a 10% tax increase last year and they hadn't even started building the school yet and the nimrods just shrugged it off as oh well, things go up yet where up in arms about the school like it was going to cause their taxes to go way up.

It never entered their pea brains that the school would be bonded over something like 30 years and last twice that long so spending $50 million on a new school was nothing to get bent out of shape about.The state was picking up a big chunk of the cost through some state school funding program.

Somebody in my town runs a forum aimed at town politics and I posted the numbers and a few days later I saw somebody that was for the school had stolen my numbers to write a letter to the editor of the local paper.

The politicains are screwing people so bad and the nimrods get all wired about minor things, it's funny as hell. Building a new school to replace the one built 50 years ago on top of a haz-mat landfill isn't something to be against when the cost is pennies a week for the average taxpayer :roll:

Mention paying gym teachers over $70k a year is a little out of wack and no reaction from the nimrods. I could see paying a physics teacher high wages to attract qualified labor to the more advanced teaching positions,but to pay all the teachers the same wages no matter what they teach is nuts and costing taxpayers a fortune. Trying to get the nimrods to comprehend it is a lost cause,about the same as trying to sell tupperware to high school boys.

The biggest single expense of running a school system is teachers wages and the nimrods rant about the superintendent of schools getting a big salery and a few silly perks,it all works out to something stupid like .002% of the school budget and the nimrods rant about the lady taking a town vehicle home,like the gas involved is costing them big bucks :lol:

If there is a shortage of people willing to teach high school math and science,sure raise the wages to attract the labor for those feilds,only nimrods would raise the wages across the board for all teaching postions because of a spot shortage.

I used to drive a truck,the pay and working conditions left a real lot to be desired, so I joined a drivers organization. They put lots of effort into fighting all sorts of minor battles that would have very little overall effect on the day to day lives of drivers.

All it comes down to with NT's is something like an owner of an old beat up car putting tons of effort into fixing the interior light and at the sametime the car has all sorts of major problems. The interior light should be the least of their worries,but they put all of their effort into fixing that problem and don't even see the rest of the problems.

redvelvet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Mar 2006, 8:03 am

My Aspie husband is as Aspie as they come, and he has very narrow tunnel vision, he only has to read something in the newspaper and he firmly believes it's true. In a very narrow minded way. It is us, the rest of his family that has to point out other factors about it. He isn't able to talk about anything deeply, he can't grasp deep concepts. Yet my other Aspie family members can.
I can't say that I understood all of what the original poster was talking about. But I got some of it. I understood more after reading the comments.
Not all NTs have shallow minds, and we can talk about the death of a pet to kids and school back to pet. My husband can change a subject very quickly when we are talking about something he can't grasp. And he will flitter from one thing to another, but he will always get back to his own interest.
What I am trying to say is that not all people with AS are the same, and neither are all NTs. :D