Page 3 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Jerkamie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

09 Nov 2013, 6:17 pm

I do this as well. I call it narrating myself and I absolutely hate it. When I catch myself doing it I'm able to stop for a while. Also I used to do it in public or at work a lot.

sternie
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

11 Nov 2013, 3:53 am

Same as me. I talk aloud alone most of the time or to my dog, moreover I feel an emotional tone that is overwhelming in my voice. It is not usual in society.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 4:29 am

I do it too, - at home by myself, sometimes out in the street.
Nobody seems to care. They are all absorbed by their own dialogues on the mobile.

Falloy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Nov 2013, 5:08 am

I don't really talk to myself but I vocalise constantly in order to comfort myself. Sometimes I talk nonsense, making up words from parts of other words I like the sound of and sometimes I will ask meaningless questions over and over again (such as "where's the cat?" when it's right in front of me).

I have to supress this (obviously) when I'm in company but when I get tired I can't always be sure that I'm not doing it. I know both my girlfriend and my mum have heard me doing it and fortunately they are accepting of it (although it can annoy the latter at times).

If I am in a position where I can't vocalise then I have to resort to writing or typing out my words.

SG78
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Nov 2013, 7:08 am

I do it a lot. I've been better about not doing it, but it's very difficult. Very embarassing.

I also talk to the radio and TV a lot, which people find a lot less odd. More like me just being me.

Stalk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 8:10 am

Free HUGS all around!

yay! I talk to myself a lot.

ExceladonCity
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2013, 9:06 am

I talk to myself a lot as well. I've done it since I was a kid; as I was an only child for 11 years of my life, the only person I had to keep me company was myself.