Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

emoboxergeek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2008, 2:12 pm

I've had some problems with a younger girl with asperger syndrome at my school, she is a friend of mine, but might not be for much longer.

She is 14 years old and has been really really juvenile, b*****s about people behind their backs (never has anything good to say about me as one example), has become really rude and stopped concentrating in lessons, her parents have already been called in all to no avail. I'm really worried for her.

I am AS myself and I am the oldest one at my school; I look out for all th younger ones and give them advice and help and stuff

If anyone has any advice they could give me on how to deal with this then I would be very much greatful

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 2:17 pm

You should advise her to talk about others, the way that she would wish to be spoken, of.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2008, 3:52 pm

If she is going to speak her mind, GREAT! I would hope that it is done with reason and is truthful, and maybe done with a bit of tact. As for her lessons, that may be another problem, but may exascerbate the rudeness. In any event, you sound like a nice caring person. Have you spoken candidly to her about it? Maybe YOUR opinion will carry a lot of wieght.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

19 Jan 2008, 5:47 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
Have you spoken candidly to her about it? Maybe YOUR opinion will carry a lot of wieght.

I completely agree.
Sometimes, things coming from friends, rather than parents or teachers mean more to people, or cause the person to take more notice of what is being said.
If her parents bring it up, she may just think of it as parents that are "nagging". If her teacher[s] bring it up, she may think of it as "teachers obligations" to say these things. If a friend brings it up, she may think of it as "general concern" and then may realise, that there IS indeed a problem that needs to be dealt with.

emoboxergeek
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Jan 2008, 5:53 pm

This seems good; I am grateful for your advice, and were it any other person I knew (AS or otherwise) I think it would work. Only problem is that she is in denial about having a problem and thinks that people are having a go at her if they say that she isn't perfect the way she is.