Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 8:57 am

I collect comic books and graphic novels, I like Star Wars a lot, I bought Green Lantern´s animated film and I´m anxious about the Green Lantern movie. My friends don´t understand me because I like the Transformers or the Iron Man movies and none of my friends watch this kind of movie. And I´m really looking forward the new Iron Man movie (War Machine!). Sometimes I feel that I haven´t grown up, I can talk to kids about their interests and understand some of what they are talking. But at the same time this is a good feeling.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 2:01 pm

Wedge wrote:
I collect comic books and graphic novels, I like Star Wars a lot, I bought Green Lantern´s animated film and I´m anxious about the Green Lantern movie. My friends don´t understand me because I like the Transformers or the Iron Man movies and none of my friends watch this kind of movie. And I´m really looking forward the new Iron Man movie (War Machine!). Sometimes I feel that I haven´t grown up, I can talk to kids about their interests and understand some of what they are talking. But at the same time this is a good feeling.

what are they into, out of curiosity?

Green Lantern rules...so do Transformers and Iron Man.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 8:10 am

Ahh... Beast Wars: Transformers, Transformers Animated, Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, and Star Wars: Clone Wars. The others I don´t know. What is your favorite Green Lantern? I read “Emerald Twilight" recently I also plan to buy "Rebirth". I haven´t read "Sinestro Corps War" yet. I also have a Green Lantern t-shirt. My brother has a Punisher t-shirt just like yours... but not the scepter or the crown.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 8:57 am

Joe90 wrote:
I'm 19 and I don't think I've got any childish interests. And anyway, you don't have to have aspergers to have childish interests. My cousin (who is 17) hasn't got aspergers at all, is very very popular, into the latest fashion, wears expensive make-up, ect, but she still likes happymeals at mcdonalds and buys a silly toy, then walks around showing it off. Also she still goes trick or treating. I haven't been trick or treating since I was 13.
No.
I have learned that some formerly childish things are being deemed cool by the teenage crowd.
Therefore, she is just following the crowd.
Also she shows it off, which is a dead giveaway.
Trick or treating is just a show for free candy.
And anyone who hates children will most likely give it to her.
But maybe she will get poisoned.
Trick or treating is very dangerous and any kid who does it is stupid.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 4:39 pm

I am very ashamed of one thing though. I am 19 years old, but I don't wear make-up, or the latest fashion, or really expensive boots, or have a really fancy hairstyle what they all have, or have any highlights in my hair, or have my ears pierced. . . Before you all say ''oh, what a sad woman'', I just haven't got the will power to do all these things. I don't know where to start. I'd prefer to get up in the mornings without having to mess around with make-up. I'd prefer to go around wearing trendy things but not the latest fashion. I like wearing skinny jeans (which is fashionable), but I love wearing hoodies and zippy jackets (which is trendy enough). But it's the hair what I can't be arsed with. I get embarrassed with being such a plain-Jane, but I just have not got the will power to walk into a hairdressers, sit in a chair staring at myself in a mirror, have the hairdresser do all my hair and make it fancy just so I could copy everyone else just for the sake of. . .nothing really, and the walking out the hairdressers and having second thoughts. Because that's what I will do. I'd probably think, ''oh, I don't think I like it. It feels too much for me. . .'' or something like that. Then I'd wish I never had it done in the first place. Also, that would mean I'd have to get up every single morning very early to make time to sit there doing my hair, having to wash it all the time and sit there drying it, then waiting for it to be completely dry to straighten it - when i could have been relaxing in bed for another hour! My philosophy is ''I can't be bothered''.
I am too lazy. I'm ashamed of it, but I'm not confident enough to change my appearence. Maybe if I was really popular and had a big crowd of really confident girls and had a massive social life, maybe I would automatically want my appearence altered, but now that I work with older women, I've felt I've become just like them and seemed to like the things they like. I'd think nothing of settling down in the evening and watching Coronation Street, and Emmerdale, and wildlife programmes - just like all my collegues do - whilst other girls my age would sit and watch X-factor, and dancing shows, and talent shows, and celebraties. . . BORING!! !
That's why I have no interest in make-up, fashion and hairstyle. I'm not childish - I'm too mature for my own good.

DavidM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2010, 4:43 pm

I didn't develop an interest in girls until much too late. Now, this was unusual because I became a frequent, habitual and chronic masturbator at quite a tender age. People thought I must be gay to masturbate so much and yet avoid girls all the time. But it turns out that I just wanted relief of the sexual itch and I didn't associate girls with pleasure as such, but more with dating and various other rituals, which I could avoid just by staying at home in bed with a box of tissues nearby.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 8:25 pm

Wedge wrote:
Ahh... Beast Wars: Transformers, Transformers Animated, Justice League, Justice League: Unlimited, and Star Wars: Clone Wars. The others I don´t know. What is your favorite Green Lantern? I read “Emerald Twilight" recently I also plan to buy "Rebirth". I haven´t read "Sinestro Corps War" yet. I also have a Green Lantern t-shirt. My brother has a Punisher t-shirt just like yours... but not the scepter or the crown.

I confess I have yet to read the Rebirth, the Parallax story, the Sinestro Corps War story, or even--dare I say it--Blackest Night.

I'll be reading them soon enough though.

I'm usually just busy talking to people on forums and working on business stuff.

Don't forget that my career deals with these very subjects; gotta love waking up every day to find out we got business in said field. I assure you there's nothing like it.

What makes it better is knowing that my business nearly broke even last year...and it was the first full year we were in business. :D

Ardent_Eccentric
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

05 Apr 2010, 9:09 pm

I can absolutely relate to joe’s hair thing. I have two hair styles that I have always had for 28 years. The first one is my curly hair when I grow it out long. And my second one is what I call the republican politician hair cut… I went to the same barber for 18 years, from 6 years old to 24 years old…until the shop closed. I could not go to another barber, and I always got the same hair cut. I couldn’t care less what was fashionable with hair. Funny thing was that after the shop closed, I just went to some other place. It didn’t bother me… and I still get the same republican politician haircut. It has never changed.

?Anyone can be a monotonous brick in the wall. The real challenge is to be a squirrel. You cant build a brick wall with squirrels, a squirrel will not stay put. Even building a wall with dead squirrels would still be more interesting than a old brick wall

French_Lola
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Apr 2010, 2:07 am

Joe you do not have to change your appearance to please people. If so, they will not accept you, they will accept the person you appear to be. Wouldn't it be better to find people you really get along with and actually like you? With time you will find those people. Granted, it might just be one but personally i'm not one for crowds!

i believe it's not our looks that bother people, it's our personality. I've changed my clothes a bit (i still don't wear make up and do nothing with my hair), but my "colleagues" still make fun of me. No clothes or make up will change who you are, and they will still see you as different even if you wear the latest style. It's not (only) about the looks, it's the attitude.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 4:21 am

French_Lola wrote:
Joe you do not have to change your appearance to please people. If so, they will not accept you, they will accept the person you appear to be. Wouldn't it be better to find people you really get along with and actually like you? With time you will find those people. Granted, it might just be one but personally i'm not one for crowds!

i believe it's not our looks that bother people, it's our personality. I've changed my clothes a bit (i still don't wear make up and do nothing with my hair), but my "colleagues" still make fun of me. No clothes or make up will change who you are, and they will still see you as different even if you wear the latest style. It's not (only) about the looks, it's the attitude.

it's also the "vibe" we give off...or in our case lack thereof....

LinnaeusCat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2010, 4:29 am

It seems to like that anything one is truly passionate about marks one as immature to NTs unless the passion is about sports, clothes, or politics.

INTJ.

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 5:10 am

My son is Autistic, our older daughter who is 8 is NT..but how do I put this, a little of something like that is in her mix.

When I take him to his day care she always loves to come in also and play with the things setup for the pre-school children.
At school she finds strange bugs and leafs and collects them and likes to show her friends, they are becoming 'mature' already and think this is a little odd or childish. She gets about with her hair sticking out in all directions and blithely wears bizarre mixes like long striped socks with sandals and a skirt over shorts.

Compared to her friends she seems unwordly.
And I think thats fantastic!

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

06 Apr 2010, 9:41 am

nostromo wrote:
At school she finds strange bugs and leafs and collects them and likes to show her friends, they are becoming 'mature' already and think this is a little odd or childish.

I'm 44 and *still* do that. People who think it's "a little odd or childish" are people I know cannot be trusted. ;) I think your daughter is fantastic, too!

Both of my best friends are female NTs with definite AS traits. One is about my age, and the other is my mom's age. The older one and I constantly joke about the fact that we are "easily amused." Give us a cool bug or a kaleidoscope or a rubber ball that lights up when we bounce it, and we are like a couple of little kids. And we are PROUD of it. We genuinely feel sorry for people who are not as easily amused as we are, because that means they are not having as much fun as we are! :)

Oh yeah, and my same-age best friend and I still take time to play on playground equipment at parks. I have read that it is healthy for grownups to do so.

I also have good reason to believe that some of the NT adults who look down on me are actually *jealous* because I've got the "guts" to do kid stuff and they don't. Well, nothing is stopping them but themselves, and they are welcome to join me!

Robert312
Toucan
Toucan

06 Apr 2010, 12:08 pm

I've noticed that things that are considered childish at one age, can become nonchildish when you get older. It is fine for an adult NT male to collect comic books. Adults buy and sell happy meal toys on E-bay. My Mother and I used to play bridge with a lady who collected dolls. Remember cabbage patch kids that normal grown-up people unabashedly collected and beanie-babies?

There are the sayings; "The only difference between men and boys is the size/price of their toys."

My family gives me grief over collecting dinosaurs, yet I found out that other people do too, normal people. I don't buy dinosaurs any more. Partly, I hate to say to avoid the grief, but mainly because I have to husband my resources and put money into other interesting things like daguerreotypes. And people understand those better.

riverspark
Toucan
Toucan

06 Apr 2010, 1:09 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if there were daguerreotypes of dinosaurs? LOL, unfortunately, the process isn't THAT old. :)

Sorry to get off topic...the sun just came out and I'm in a rare playful mood. 8)

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 1:40 pm

I suppose it depends on your definition of 'immature'. I have an interest in history, especially royalty, mostly the Spanish and Russian royal families. Also the Ottomans. Yet my parents think that is absolute stupidity and immature. True, I do have an interest in Aladdin, Ducktales, Batman and other cartoons and stuff, but I mean, history isn't immature, is it? They taught us some of it in school, after all.

I guess they must equate immature with useless.

As for buying toys and stuff, the section where the toys and electronics are is my favorite. That's where all the dolls are, and I love dolls. Not just barbie or playing dolls, but porcelain and collectible dolls. It's one of my dreams to have dollhouses with furniture and stuff in it.

Joe90 wrote:
I am very ashamed of one thing though. I am 19 years old, but I don't wear make-up, or the latest fashion, or really expensive boots, or have a really fancy hairstyle what they all have, or have any highlights in my hair, or have my ears pierced. . . Before you all say ''oh, what a sad woman'', I just haven't got the will power to do all these things. I don't know where to start. I'd prefer to get up in the mornings without having to mess around with make-up. I'd prefer to go around wearing trendy things but not the latest fashion. I like wearing skinny jeans (which is fashionable), but I love wearing hoodies and zippy jackets (which is trendy enough). But it's the hair what I can't be arsed with. I get embarrassed with being such a plain-Jane, but I just have not got the will power to walk into a hairdressers, sit in a chair staring at myself in a mirror, have the hairdresser do all my hair and make it fancy just so I could copy everyone else just for the sake of. . .nothing really, and the walking out the hairdressers and having second thoughts. Because that's what I will do. I'd probably think, ''oh, I don't think I like it. It feels too much for me. . .'' or something like that. Then I'd wish I never had it done in the first place. Also, that would mean I'd have to get up every single morning very early to make time to sit there doing my hair, having to wash it all the time and sit there drying it, then waiting for it to be completely dry to straighten it - when i could have been relaxing in bed for another hour! My philosophy is ''I can't be bothered''.
I am too lazy. I'm ashamed of it, but I'm not confident enough to change my appearence. Maybe if I was really popular and had a big crowd of really confident girls and had a massive social life, maybe I would automatically want my appearence altered, but now that I work with older women, I've felt I've become just like them and seemed to like the things they like. I'd think nothing of settling down in the evening and watching Coronation Street, and Emmerdale, and wildlife programmes - just like all my collegues do - whilst other girls my age would sit and watch X-factor, and dancing shows, and talent shows, and celebraties. . . BORING!! !
That's why I have no interest in make-up, fashion and hairstyle. I'm not childish - I'm too mature for my own good.

I do relate with that. I have worn the same hairstyle for...since fifth grade, I think. I don't wear make up, either. My mom says it's because I'm too lazy. The truth is, I just don't see the point. That's just what I think. Doing my hair and make up takes too much time, and I'd much rather stay in bed for a little longer. Sometimes I feel ashamed as well.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain