Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

jman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 9:36 am

i absolutely cannot tolerate onions or celery. The taste is so strong I can't stand it. I also can't stand the chewy texture of cocanut. What food aversions does everyone have here?

Silver_Shadow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Mar 2006, 9:45 am

Coconut - love the taste, hate the texture
I do like bounty's though, but the texture of the coconut has been altered in them.

Last edited by Silver_Shadow on 11 Mar 2006, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tashie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Mar 2006, 10:04 am

Celery - hate the taste, can't even tolerate it in stews or pies

Pinapple - the texture makes me feel the same as if someones scraping their nails down a chalkboard!! It tastes ok though

I like everything else though :P

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 11:18 am

I have a very limited diet because I cannot put up with a lot of textures,smells and tastes,mostly eat chicken,bread,occasionally fried rice,pasta.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

baby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Mar 2006, 11:28 am

ok i know its abit of a normal aversion but i absolutly hate Liver, its not just the taste its the feel of it when you eat it, it makes me gag

baby

animallover
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 11:32 am

I HATE raspberries - just despise them - if I run across something with raspberry taste I'll spit it out (like mixed berry lifesavers have a raspberry one which is, deceptively, deep purple - yuck!) . . .
You are going to laugh, but to me they taste like rat tails . . .

I guess it is totally the taste not the texture because I really like blackberries . . .

parts
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 1:14 pm

I hate cream cheese,cottage cheese,and sour cream all taste like they have gone bad to me :)

Lurker_Extraordinaire
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Mar 2006, 1:42 pm

I hate brussel sprouts, artichoke, lima beans, peas (snow pea's are ok) green pepper, red pepper, onion (unless in fried ring form)

Oddly enough I love broccoli and spinach.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 3:42 pm

I don't like liver very much. I hate peas and sweetcorn though, I think they are evil. Blackcurrants or anything blackcurrant flavoured is minging, don't like strawberries and I don't like dried friut or things like sultanas and currants cos they look like dead flies in your food and thats horrible.

Civet
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 4:16 pm

"Slimey" foods. I used to be even worse about it (couldn't even abide the texture of bananas, I still don't like them but they aren't *as* bad). My most hated food (texture-wise) is bread pudding. Taste-wise, peppers. Especially the peppers which are marinated (and thus both slimey and bad tasting).

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 4:36 pm

Quote:
celery

THE DEVILS PUBES!! ! Evil stuff, awful, very healthy for you, but my god its disgusting. Bit like Rhubarb

magic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 6:11 pm

Inedible by taste: milk, carrots, celery, leek, barley, bananas, melons (except watermelons), liver, mint (as ingredient or flavoring).

Inedible by texture: mashed potatoes, peanut butter, sweet pudding.

Inedible by color: any food that is pink or green (and isn't a fruit or a vegetable).

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 6:17 pm

I can't stand boiled onions bioled dill in foods. Boiled dill looks like pond scum (and from my experience, tasted like it). Boiled onions are slimy and completely flavorless, which is downright revolting. Fresh onions and dill in pickle juice, however, are no problem.

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 6:41 pm

Pork (and all that contain the same), processed meats, milk and most dairy products: OUT!! !

Other than that, I'm not a fussy eater.

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 7:04 pm

I don't like liver, or cooked green peppers, cooked celery, or okra but I could probably eat them if I was starving....okay..maybe not the okra. :wink:

I don't do fuzzy fruit...I.E. apricots, peaches....I love them as long as they're peeled first. I have never understood how anyone could just rinse one off and bite into it without choking on the fuzz. :roll:

Stange...I love ice cream as long as it's not melted...once it melts...yuck... I have never been one who was able to suck out the melted ice cream from the bottom of a cone...blech.

Belfast
Veteran
Veteran

11 Mar 2006, 7:23 pm

Silver_Shadow wrote:
Coconut - love the taste, hate the texture
I do like bounty's though, but the texture of the coconut has been altered in them.

Going off-topic here, but I'm astounded Bounty bars even still exist. I would go through a (6-pk. of half-size bars) pkg. a day (milk choc. not dark). That was around 1988-90. Dislike both Almond Joy & Mounds. Bounty's were discontinued, I thought (been over a decade since I've seen them in stores)-but if they've been altered, then who knows how they are anymore ?
I really like sweet coconut candy, texture doesn't bother me except how it sticks between my teeth & is a hassle to floss out.