Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Cler
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

13 Mar 2006, 10:13 pm

I am NT, and I always walk or pace while daydreaming. :D It just seems...stale to think without moving.

Paula
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 1:02 am

No, I'm, NT and like I said I day dream.......alot. I have to be careful or I'll talk to myself and even move my hands.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 5:49 am

My older sis is NT (she s too sociable) ....but she was used to do that sometimes as she told me once before when she was little . ...well she s my sis so we share a lot of genes afterall lol .

herbivore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2006, 8:02 am

I day dream ALL THE TIME. Sometimes I just stop and sit like a zombie, because my mind is not any near my body, so to speak. It is the only time I sit really still, without any foot tapping, or fingernail squeezing. At least now that I am learning the things I like to learn in college, I have more time in productive day dreams, versus the ones I had the rest of my life, that have questionable, if any, bennefits. In fact my day dreaming has become a powerful tool in my pursuit of knowledge and understanding. Sometimes I hate doing things like driving because I just want to get back to my thoughts, and I can't because I have to pay attention to the road.

herbivore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2006, 8:08 am

After the obligatory post post contemplation, I found I had trouble with my answer because I do not know, when does just regular thinking become a day dream?

Miss_Bluesky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2006, 8:39 am

Oh, hell yeah. All the time...especially in Maths :D Only problem is that when I'm doing it at home, I tend to talk to myself, which is a tad unsettling for my parents.
Me: And then he died horribly, tee hee hee
Parents: 0_o
Anyone else in a habit of doing that?

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2006, 9:21 am

Miss_Bluesky wrote:
Oh, hell yeah. All the time...especially in Maths :D Only problem is that when I'm doing it at home, I tend to talk to myself, which is a tad unsettling for my parents.
Me: And then he died horribly, tee hee hee
Parents: 0_o
Anyone else in a habit of doing that?

Me daydreaming and talking to myself
My mother walks by my door: Are you talking to yourself?
me: No, I'm watching tv.::turns tv on.::
Me: Can't you hear it?
My mother: whatever ::in a tone that indicates that she knows I'm lying::

Miss_Bluesky
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Mar 2006, 9:26 am

Sorce wrote:
Me daydreaming and talking to myself
My mother walks by my door: Are you talking to yourself?
me: No, I'm watching tv.::turns tv on.::
Me: Can't you hear it?
My mother: whatever ::in a tone that indicates that she knows I'm lying::

LMAO
Either that or I'll be whistling and then discover the dog has been sitting at the foot of the stairs for the last quarter of an hour, waiting....

autisticon
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Mar 2006, 9:47 am

I'm definately a day dreaming, especially when walking. I walk pretty much everywhere, since I dont have a car, and unlike most people it doesnt bother me at all. I keep my mind entertained by daydreaming about this or that. I also am an avid jogger, and I daydream the most while jogging. It must be some sort of defence mechanism vs boredom and exhaustion.

HeretoHelp
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Apr 2012, 2:25 am

What a lot of you are describing sounds like Maladaptive Daydreaming. It's a condition that causes excessive daydreaming. Some people with this problem will pace or do other stimming type behavior while daydreaming. Here is a website about it:

http://www.daydreamingdisorder.webs.com/

RazorEddie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 2:51 am

I don't really daydream at all. About the closest I get is zoning out while working on a problem or designing something.

nirrti_rachelle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2012, 3:04 am

Wow, a vintage thread from 2006.

Well, as for "maladaptive daydreaming", they sure do know how to turn everything into a disorder, don't they? :roll:

I've been doing the pacing/running around while daydreaming since I was four. It's something I do almost automatically....as long as no one is around. I almost got caught by my grandmother pacing when I was 10. Every time she'd walk into the room, I'd hurry up and sit down like I wasn't doing anything. She was like, "What are you doing. Why do you keep sitting down like that?" Whatever explanation I gave her, I don't think she bought it but she left the subject alone.

SolAngel
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Apr 2012, 8:53 am

I day dream a lot. If I'm not careful I daydream at the bus stop and while walking and have to pull my self out of it as I cross the road. It's the weirdest thing. I don't know if it's an Aspie or ADHD thing.