Question for Lost viewers (Asperger's related)

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KevinLA
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 2:10 am

In the scene where Lock was in the bathtub talking to his fiance, he mentioned that Jack offered him a free consultation. Locke then said that Jack was "...just being polite" by offering him the free consultation.

If it was real life and I was Locke, I would assume Jack was being sincere about the free consultation. If it was real life, would Jack have been just being polite by offering the consultation and not offering it?

I am guessing it was just written in the script that way and if it was real life the free consultation was sincere.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2010, 2:35 am

Locke helped Jack with a little philosophy emotionally, so I saw it as sincere as Jack wanted to give something back. Locke has a rather downtrodden outlook on other people (for good reason), so he might not be the most trusting person at this point in time.

whatamarshmallow
Raven
Raven

17 Feb 2010, 9:49 pm

KevinLA wrote:
In the scene where Lock was in the bathtub talking to his fiance, he mentioned that Jack offered him a free consultation. Locke then said that Jack was "...just being polite" by offering him the free consultation.

If it was real life and I was Locke, I would assume Jack was being sincere about the free consultation. If it was real life, would Jack have been just being polite by offering the consultation and not offering it?

I am guessing it was just written in the script that way and if it was real life the free consultation was sincere.

This is slightly off-topic yet not, but I was wondering... is there a general lost thread around here somewhere? This is one of my favorite topics to obsess over, and it would be great to get to discuss it with others on the spectrum! :D

I'm not so sure though if he was really offering the consultation. I would've thought he meant it, and was not just being polite given what we've seen of Jacks character. He's been known to enjoy helping people, and has gone great lengths to do so in some situations. I can't imagine him telling Locke he is offered a consultation but actually not offering it.