"Reality's Crusade" (my novel)--agents, publishers

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2006, 11:27 pm

Hey,

Not sure if this should be in "Art, Writing, & Music," but...for the past two and a half years I've been writing a novel called "Reality's Crusade." It's sort of a social commentary. One of the things it deals with is asperger's syndrome (which the rather agnst-ridden protagonist has), though the plot is somewhat abstract and mildly sci-fi, so it's not just a rip off of Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time or The Catcher in the Rye--while there are similarities, it's much more political and psychological than either. About a week ago I just finished the first draft of it, and I'm really happy/excited/etc. I'm currently proofreading it (I've already proofread a lot of specific parts but this is to make sure it all fits together well), and writing a special features appendix. When I'm done with that I'll be calling it the second draft, and that'll be the version I'll be sending to agents.

I've read "The Sell Your Novel Tool Kit," so I do have a basic understanding of the way it's done (look up agent directories at, say, Barnes & Noble, send a query letter to an agent, etc.) but I was wondering if anyone had any advice to give about the early stages of novel publishing--getting agents and what not.

Thanks.