Does anyone tend to be rude when they are busy?

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 10:24 pm

Oh yes. When somebody comes up to me when I'm preoccupied with something else, the first thing that comes to mind is "CAN'T THEY SEE THAT I'M BUSY!?"

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2010, 10:54 pm

pumibel wrote:
League_Girl wrote:
Yes I do. When I am over focused or concentrating or doing my interest, I don't want to be bothered and I act rude because I am being interrupted. Everyone gets this way or I should say lot of people but I think the difference is we get this way in things that are not important to the majority. They only get that way if they are doing something very important like paying bills. Remember that fictional computer guy who was downloading a project? It was something you can leave alone but I guess it was important for him to watch the screen. Jesus, does that majority do that when they download stuff? Yes he was the NT. The correct answer was it was the trash collector who had AS.

I am able to download and do other things on the computer as it downloads. :roll:

I would certainly be able to move aside and give the janitor the trash can even with my eyes on the screen! That downloading guy was just a jerk. I also hate watching a download. I do other things, as well.

Well one of my aspie friends gave me a theory about he could have been too paranoid to leave his computer. Someone could come and mess it up by hitting cancel. But I told her he was right next to the trash so he could have moved it aside so the worker can get to it. No way can someone touch his computer if he is in the room and right next to it. I may understand now how he took "do it now" literal but I still stand by what I said about the downloader. Damn I can't get this out of my head.
Gotta love the obsessive thinking you know.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 12:50 am

Rude, as in brusque or inattentive?

ruveyn

zee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 11:35 am

Yes, always. That's probably why I lost yet another job recently; I shouted at my boss and that all these 'stupid' people were in my way when I was trying to finish my work, he hasn't called me back for more work. Oh well, you can't change the past... or the future. I think I've been rude my whole life.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 4:49 pm

zee wrote:
Yes, always. That's probably why I lost yet another job recently; I shouted at my boss and that all these 'stupid' people were in my way when I was trying to finish my work, he hasn't called me back for more work. Oh well, you can't change the past... or the future. I think I've been rude my whole life.

Oh yes I hate it when that happens but luckily it hasn't cost me a job or being written up. I am just careful how I react to my boss or to anyone who is in charge of me.

spiders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Mar 2010, 5:17 pm

If someone talks to me and I'm doing something, I don't answer until I can take a break from it. Sometimes that may be 10 minutes later. I guess people may see that as being rude. It's not that I'm ignoring them, I just can't switch my train of thought that quickly.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 5:58 pm

League_Girl wrote:
zee wrote:

Oh yes I hate it when that happens but luckily it hasn't cost me a job or being written up. I am just careful how I react to my boss or to anyone who is in charge of me.

Yeah, I try to be careful too, but in the heat of the moment I just react.
Incidentally, some well-wishers have advised me that if I just stop and think before I say something, I wouldn't have as many problems. But this is what I used to do when I was younger, and then people just thought I was ret*d because I didn't answer quickly enough. The only other option is to be completely silent, but again, that makes you look like a snob.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 6:20 pm

I can be rude, by not paying attention, to what the other person, is saying. Not overly rude, but rude enough, for the interrupter to notice.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2010, 7:35 pm

My husband has the tenancy to zone everything out. When he is concentrating on something, he doesn't answer when you talk to him. You can ask him a question and he won't answer. I have to get his attention by shouting and shaking him or giving him a slap to have him notice me. He also says he can't take his attention off and then focus on me and then go back to what he is doing. That's why I do these things to him so he can notice me.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2010, 6:32 am

zeldapsychology wrote:
As in playing a vidoegame/watching tv? I tend to be rude while being engrossed in something. Sadly my little sisters get there rudeness from me at times (which is actually sad) and as of late I've been trying to change the issue but it's REALLY HARD! I was just curious if you guys are rude at certain times or all the time or what since I know being rude and not knowing it is an Aspie thing. :-)

Yup, I'm like that. So are a lot of NTs.