Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Mar 2010, 9:31 am

Yesterday I found out about an outreach service near me who work with adults with autism. I emailed them and got a reply this morning saying I could go in and meet with someone tomorrow and see if they can help me. I was going to put it off and say I was busy and arrange another day but have decided to just do it before I back out and nothing gets done. The lady seems very nice but I'm not sure what to expect. I'm pretty sure I'm doing the right things because this will help but wary of where it will lead

ASgirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Mar 2010, 10:20 am

Good luck with it all tomorrow! I am sure they will be very patient and try help you out where possible.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

31 Mar 2010, 10:49 am

You'll probably do fine - they're not going to bite your head off.

But I know what you mean. I hate visiting my GP because I've had so many experiences of failing to get them to help me......so many health professionals (and officials) seem to have their own potted agenda, and they seem to just lay that onto me instead of actually listening to the individual. Hope you don't get one of those clowns. But even if you do, you won't be any worse off than you were before the visit, apart from a bit of disappointment.

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Apr 2010, 3:01 pm

It wasn't that bad at all though my mind went totally blank of all the things I had thought of to say. The lady I met is going to come with me to the dr appointment which is good. She said I am about the 5th person to come in for advice about getting diagnosed and they've only been open a month. She did say the services in the area are pretty rubbish tho :( talked about my son too and she's going to help out with some things for him too including a youth group they are hoping to set up and also a group for siblings of children on the spectrum. And she let me borrow a book by Torey Hayden who's books I really like. So overall good :)

ASgirl
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Apr 2010, 4:32 pm

Glad to hear that it went well for you as well as for your son. Hope your appointment with your doctor will lead to a referral and something positive! keep us posted! :)