Page 2 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

22 Apr 2010, 4:51 am

Tollorin wrote:
Claradoon wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
Yellow and brown are my two least favourite colours. I will not wear brown, or yellow. Yellow is too hard on my eyes, and the colour, brown brings back unpleasant memories.

Exactly and precisely, me too!

But, your avatar is yellow... 8O

LOL - in small bits on a large field of blue or green, I can tolerate a bit of yellow. For me, picking an avatar is a small cyber-chore to be over and done with, not a representation of myself.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2010, 12:52 pm

I don't like very very bright yellow. It makes me feel hot. As does red, and other warm colors, but yellow and orange more.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

LostNFound
Raven
Raven

25 Apr 2010, 4:10 am

School bus yellow is hideous. Most of the darker shades of yellow are.

I really love a very, very light yellow. Almost like true sunshine. Pale lemon. Used to imagine I'd like at least a couple rooms that shade.

Althea
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

25 Apr 2010, 4:19 am

My room is yellow, with one wall blue... But more like a creamy yellow, fairly pale. I like it, like the sand :) But I dont like wearing yellow, I find it makes me look sickly, infact I cant think of any yellow items of clothing I own at all.

I dont like neon colours, or pinks or blacks really. I like pale pastel colours, or earthy ones- blues and greens like the sea are my favourite. :D

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 7:41 am

Yellow and red make me hyperactive, but I don't dislike them :)

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2010, 9:21 am

I don't like yellow. I don't wear yellow. I can have a little part in this colour, but not too much. My room is pink-violet. Yellow is probably last colour on my favourites list.
Some people look good in yellow, some rooms too. So if you want to use yellow, use it, but don't force me to do the same.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

S-P-M-E
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Apr 2010, 5:39 pm

I've always hated yellow. My mother did my room yellow, although I begged her to use any other color, for my entire childhood. Her excuse for that now is that when she showed someone my room they always said how bright and sunny it was. I pointed out that that does NOT mean they liked or were impressed by it, just that that was all they could think of to say, but that even if they did like it what did it matter if once a year someone praised the room for 2 seconds when I had to LIVE in it every day and I hated it. Her response was the blank look typical of neurotypicals when confronted with the wild illogic of their ideas. :roll:

In a rational world, those who act in rational ways would be considered normal, and those who act in irrational ways that they somehow decided were "right" would be the freaks.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 3:22 am

pumibel wrote:
I love yellow. I think anyone who canwear yellow should. It is the color of the sunshine. It adds light to everything. When I do highlights in my drawings I use yellow or yellow mixed with white. It may not be a good idea to look at a big block of solid yellow for too long, driving the rods and cones crazy in your eyes, but it is a great color IMO.

Sunshine isn't yellow, it's blindingly strong white. Either way, yellow still hurts, though sunlight doesn't. Unless you look at the sun. But I remember the sun eventually turned blue when looked at for long enough.

Theodosia
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2019, 10:58 pm

I really can't stand for that colour (but except with Spongebob, for some reason). Make me feel anxious, and stressed, and overwhelming.
I guess that is the reason I don't like use emojis, lol.

Silver12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Mar 2019, 11:06 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
Aren't meerkats yellow?

No, I think their fur is actually light brown, you know the same color as the desert sand it lives on. I suppose they do probably look a bit yellow in certain lighting.

I think yellow is my favorite color when it comes to banana, my favorite flavor. :roll:

Kenya
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2019, 11:10 pm

Yellow has been kind of an iffy color for me. I like bananas and lemons (and lemon flavored candies, but never banana flavored) but the color itself would normally be a turn off. However, my favorite character from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Fluttershy, has a yellow coat that's a much softer shade than others.

Claradoon
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Mar 2019, 4:38 am

Yellow is the colour of things to put in my kitchen. I think it has something to do with my mother's kitchen.
Otherwise, I don't care much for yellow. I wish Van Gogh used less of it.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 9:04 am

I think yellow is an ugly color for cars. Only taxicabs and school buses should be painted yellow. Poison green is another ugly color.

I'm not crazy about yellow as a clothing color, either. I don't look good in yellow because it makes me look pale. I have fair skin, but yellow makes me look sick.

StarTrekker
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:47 pm

This is so funny, I hate yellow too and never realised it's a seemingly common thing among autistics. I really hate bright yellow like lemon or neon, it hurts my eyes and gives me a headache. I hate all yellow in general because it's just unpleasant to look at, but bright yellow is a definite no. I always do my best to avoid the colour if I can. It sounds silly, but if there's a variety of options for something I'm going to use (like cups, for example) and other people take the other colours so I'm stuck with yellow, it really bothers me. You'd think I'd have grown out of something like that by now, but apparently not.

Thanks to Olympiadis for my fantastic avatar!

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2019, 12:51 pm

Doesn't say in the diagnostic criteria for autism "may hate the colour yellow".

Yellow is one of my favourite colours. I am often mesmerized by bright colours.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2019, 12:40 am

I like the colour yellow but my brain doesn't. I even have a yellow Hufflepuff shirt.

I remember reading a book in the first grade that had yellow predominantly in it and I got a headache and felt nauseous looking at it.

Yellow/green has bothered my brain for a long time so now I wear blue tinted Irlen lenses in my glasses. They make so much difference. Everything looks like the proper colour it should be but I no longer feel overwhelmed by the environment, especially in shops.