Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2010, 2:16 am

pandd wrote:
Getting a better body does not compensate for being boring. My 'special interest" for a time was a kind of dance and I practiced every single day for many hours, often in the double digits. I got very slim and toned, yet remained "busty" and kept the well rounded hips. I certainly attracted more intial attention than when I had a more average shape, but only a minority retained interest when I proved to be "boring", and that minority are not the kind of people that it is beneficial or worthwhile to have interested in you.

You need to make yourself more interesting to others by making yourself more interesting. Your body will only hold the attention of anyone whose attention is worthwhile, for a very short period of time, somewhere in the region of minutes or less.

People find themselves interesting, so maybe it would help if you learned some techniques to get people talking fluidly and contentedly about themselves to you.

You had me at "slim and toned...busty...and kept the well rounded hips."

But you lost me when you brought up your luxury of selectivity, etc.

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2010, 2:18 am

LostNFound wrote:
PERSIST! PERSIST! PERSIST! Use common sense and PERSIST.

What choice do I have? I will persevere.

LostNFound
Raven
Raven

23 Apr 2010, 3:48 am

harlequinsenor wrote:
LostNFound wrote:

Glad to hear it. Even Julia Child would accept no less than straight butter for cooking and she lauded moderation as the key.

It's really just common sense. Eating is a natural and necessary function for the body. It's easy to understand how easily abused it is.

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 9:17 am

You aren't fat. I took one look at your picture and I don't see why you think you're fat.

LostNFound wrote:
harlequinsenor wrote:
LostNFound wrote:

Glad to hear it. Even Julia Child would accept no less than straight butter for cooking and she lauded moderation as the key.

It's really just common sense. Eating is a natural and necessary function for the body. It's easy to understand how easily abused it is.

Unless you're me. Where eating wont make you gain weight. Of course, I'm underweight, so I probably have issues as well.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2010, 1:29 pm

People come in all shapes and sizes. :)