Page 3 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:23 am

While I'm no fan of it, I've come to accept that it's how humanity is overall.

And please don't jump on the "OH NO! DON'T SAY THAT! It's just a minority; they ruin it for the majority!"

Try again; like...in reverse.

That's just how humans are built, for the most part. Read history, it's all there.

They want to make asses of themselves, let them go ahead. If they try anything with me or those I care about, they get what's comin' to 'em; that simple...

And rest assured...I have no problem whatsoever with handing someone's ass to them at all.

Tias
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:48 am

"One of the traits described in a list of female Aspie traits posted in another thread is "Hates injustice and hates to be misunderstood. This can incite anger and rage." I'm assuming this would apply to males as well. "

Oh sounds very much like me.
However i am abit softer on the being misunderstood as i know i cant express what i mean exactly all the time.
And then apoligize for making things complicated
But the injustice thing, yeah, can really tick me off if i feel something is unfair

bee33
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 1:34 pm

katzefrau wrote:
Ambivalence wrote:
bee33 wrote:
Anyone else have this issue?

Yes. Though if it is an issue, the issue is that other people are wrong. :wink: :lol:

^ that.
:wtg:
I agree with you both completely. The problem is that even if we're right, expressing anger really f**s up our life. We get fired from jobs, get ostracized by the people around us etc. Because if someone does something mean but it's underhanded, so other people don't see it, they come off smelling like a rose, and if we do something outwardly obvious in response, like yell at them, then we are considered the ones at fault.

And the venom that other people can spew collectively at one person can be really overwhelming and painful. I feel so traumatized by a couple of campaigns launched against me as a "troublemaker" and "disruptive influence", one that happened 10 years ago and another that was over 2 years ago, that I'm afraid to get back in touch with people in general. Compared to the kind of bullying other people here describe it actually seems rather mild, but I have been unable to get over it.

People tend to value smooth relations over all else, so if one wants to express their disapproval of another person's cruelty, they're supposed to finesse it, find a way to say it that is not in anger, but I (we?) don't have that skill. And even if I did, I think I would be too upset to use it when the time comes.
Tias wrote:
However i am abit softer on the being misunderstood as i know i cant express what i mean exactly all the time.
And then apoligize for making things complicated

I don't care so much about being misunderstood either, unless it goes back to an issue of injustice. I hate being misunderstood if I'm blamed for something I said that was misconstrued, and made out to have had some hidden motive that I didn't have at all.
justMax wrote:
Why do you think anarchists define themselves that way?

The rule of a state, the illusionary power granted by indoctrinated citizens, the perception that violence is only allowed if a government performs it, these are unjust, and as such they are evil.
I don't consider myself an anarchist, but I do think that anarchist theory is the only sensible explanation for what is wrong with society. I used to know a lot of anarchists, and I was a volunteer for Food Not Bombs, among other things, but the anarchists turned out to be no better when it came to perpetrating terrible injustice and cruelty on an individual level.

Last edited by bee33 on 27 Apr 2010, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 2:58 pm

bee33 wrote:
One of the traits described in a list of female Aspie traits posted in another thread is "Hates injustice and hates to be misunderstood. This can incite anger and rage." I'm assuming this would apply to males as well.

I find that injustice is one of the things that I find hardest to accept. Both social injustice in the world and petty injustice in my own life. And by hard to accept, I mean that I can't get over it, it just gnaws at me. And it makes me angry that people are generally so indifferent to it.

Setting aside social justice and other political issues for the moment, an example of petty injustice that really upsets me is when someone does something deliberately cruel to another person (like female bullying, which tends to be focused on shutting someone out of a social group). Other people tend to see it as no big deal. It makes my blood boil, and I could never continue to be friendly with someone who I think is cruel, but most people couldn't care less and they think I'm completely overreacting. (And sometimes I do overreact, having a meltdown of sorts where I might start yelling....)

I've also read that Aspies are more likely to see things as black and white, and to see people as all good or all bad, which is something that I tend to do, even though I'm in my 40s and perhaps should have developed some perspective by now. :)

Anyone else have this issue? And is it an AS thing?

Injustice and unfairness annoys me. Many NTs are equally annoyed by injustice.

ruveyn

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:03 pm

Only if it disadvantages me.
Otherwise I could not care much less.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 4:03 pm

ruveyn wrote:
bee33 wrote:
One of the traits described in a list of female Aspie traits posted in another thread is "Hates injustice and hates to be misunderstood. This can incite anger and rage." I'm assuming this would apply to males as well.

I find that injustice is one of the things that I find hardest to accept. Both social injustice in the world and petty injustice in my own life. And by hard to accept, I mean that I can't get over it, it just gnaws at me. And it makes me angry that people are generally so indifferent to it.

Setting aside social justice and other political issues for the moment, an example of petty injustice that really upsets me is when someone does something deliberately cruel to another person (like female bullying, which tends to be focused on shutting someone out of a social group). Other people tend to see it as no big deal. It makes my blood boil, and I could never continue to be friendly with someone who I think is cruel, but most people couldn't care less and they think I'm completely overreacting. (And sometimes I do overreact, having a meltdown of sorts where I might start yelling....)

I've also read that Aspies are more likely to see things as black and white, and to see people as all good or all bad, which is something that I tend to do, even though I'm in my 40s and perhaps should have developed some perspective by now. :)

Anyone else have this issue? And is it an AS thing?

Injustice and unfairness annoys me. Many NTs are equally annoyed by injustice.

ruveyn

I disagree; they just say they are.

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 5:30 pm

Oh yes, most strongly do I hate injustice, to the point where I have put myself in danger.

Many years ago I lived 2 doors down from a domestic violence situation. I used to hear this person yelling and shouting and things being broken, and then screams and running through the house.....sounded like a war zone in there.

Then I found out that there were children in the house as well. This rioting went on quite regularly, and one night the screaming changed pitch and I rang the police. I was very worried for the wife and the kids. I found out later that they were married and it was his voice I always heard. The police came, but the wife did nothing about it.

So, the next time it happened I went over there with a crow bar and pounded on the door. I told him that if he didn't stop, I would visit him in his sleep and haunt him for the rest of his life, I was so angry at the injustice, the bullying, the idea that he thought he could just put his family in harms way. The police payed me a visit, because they said I threatened him, and I didn't deny it. They said that he had appeared scared and nervous when reporting me......and I said "So he should, he should be very scared, so DO something about it"........and they said that what I did was very dangerous and yada yada........so what? I never heard a peep out of him again after that........mission accomplished.

Mics

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 8:21 pm

Michhsta wrote:
Oh yes, most strongly do I hate injustice, to the point where I have put myself in danger.

Many years ago I lived 2 doors down from a domestic violence situation. I used to hear this person yelling and shouting and things being broken, and then screams and running through the house.....sounded like a war zone in there.

Then I found out that there were children in the house as well. This rioting went on quite regularly, and one night the screaming changed pitch and I rang the police. I was very worried for the wife and the kids. I found out later that they were married and it was his voice I always heard. The police came, but the wife did nothing about it.

So, the next time it happened I went over there with a crow bar and pounded on the door. I told him that if he didn't stop, I would visit him in his sleep and haunt him for the rest of his life, I was so angry at the injustice, the bullying, the idea that he thought he could just put his family in harms way. The police payed me a visit, because they said I threatened him, and I didn't deny it. They said that he had appeared scared and nervous when reporting me......and I said "So he should, he should be very scared, so DO something about it"........and they said that what I did was very dangerous and yada yada........so what? I never heard a peep out of him again after that........mission accomplished.

Mics

Yeah um...other than calling the police about the noise dude, I hate to tell you that it really wasn't your place to get involved, and you could've been sued by the very family you tried to protect for that.

It's one of the many reasons I never get involved.

Again, the "Hollywood" ending is you get involved, and the family thanks you more than anything. That's unfortunately only Hollywood magic though.

S-P-M-E
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2010, 8:54 pm

bee33 wrote:

That's me, 100%. When I see a victim getting no help or sympathy, and often getting teased, laughed at or further harassed, while the attacker doesn't get so much as a stern look, I just want to SCREAM.

In a rational world, those who act in rational ways would be considered normal, and those who act in irrational ways that they somehow decided were "right" would be the freaks.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 9:06 pm

S-P-M-E wrote:
bee33 wrote:

That's me, 100%. When I see a victim getting no help or sympathy, and often getting teased, laughed at or further harassed, while the attacker doesn't get so much as a stern look, I just want to SCREAM.

probably because you're under the belief that humanity is overall better than that. I've come to believe otherwise...

S-P-M-E
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Apr 2010, 9:11 pm

I'm with you on this. Sadly, I expect that sort of behavior as the standard, and many other behaviors that are objectively dreadful as well. The NT's have huge blind spots about certain sorts of social evil. It drives me crazy.

In a rational world, those who act in rational ways would be considered normal, and those who act in irrational ways that they somehow decided were "right" would be the freaks.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 9:13 pm

S-P-M-E wrote:
I'm with you on this. Sadly, I expect that sort of behavior as the standard, and many other behaviors that are objectively dreadful as well. The NT's have huge blind spots about certain sorts of social evil. It drives me crazy.

don't let it; just learn to take advantage of it.

Study the 48 Laws of Power. Don't actually follow them, but remind yourself that they do; once you learn them, you'll know how you can use what idiocies they follow to your advantage :)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 9:17 pm

I get infuriated when people get paid too little or too much for the work they do. It seems the harder you work, the less you make. I get aggravated when people who sit in offices all day, talking, complain they don't get paid enough money. People who do very little tend to believe they are the most entitled at work, and should get the most money. It's not fair. I get really aggravated when people whose jobs require sitting and talking think they should make three digit salaries to the point the company goes bankrupt while people in Indonesia get a dollar a day for scalping tunas, a job performed while standing for hours on end in a hundred degree heat. Shouldn't someone who has a job like that get paid more than someone who sits in an air conditioned office, talking and typing?

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 9:22 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
I get infuriated when people get paid too little or too much for the work they do. It seems the harder you work, the less you make. I get aggravated when people whho sit in offices all day talking to people complain they don't get paid enough money. People who do very little tend to believe they are the most entitled at work, and should get the most money. It's not fair. I get really aggravated when people whose jobs require sitting and talking think they should make three digit salaries to the point the company goes bankrupt while people in Indonesia get a dollar a day for scalping tunas, a job performed while standing for hours on end in a hundred degree heat. Shouldn't someone who has a job like that get paid more than someone who sits in an air conditioned office, talking and typing?

ok, um..that's not really injustice, and here's why: you're comparing the standards--I'm guessing--of a 1st world country to that of a 3rd world country; I wouldn't recommend that.

Don't forget that the dollar they're getting paid is worth a lot more to them than one would believe.

You also have to consider the rules of supply & demand; there's a lot of different economic factors that go into it, to be honest; but this is one of those areas you really have to know more about before saying something like this.

I'm not saying people in the world of business aren't corrupt-- corruption and politics just seem to be a normal thing for humanity as it is-- but I am saying there's probably a lot more to all of that than you may realize.

And about that talking and typing; do you know what they're talking and typing? Could be some really high-profile stuff that the guy gutting the tuna in Indonesia wouldn't even be able to understand.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 9:28 pm

You see, the two are connected because the person talking and typing represents the bureaucracy, the overhead, which takes the most money for itself, leaving the people who work the hardest with very little.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2010, 9:34 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
You see, the two are connected because the person talking and typing represents the bureaucracy, the overhead, which takes the most money for itself, leaving the people who work the hardest with very little.

Not necessarily.

Remember this: in many cases, more money is paid for jobs that are higher in demand that fewer are skilled for. Any shmoe can gut a tuna; live with it, you can't deny it.

Not just anybody might be able to do all the number-crunching and handle certain phone conference calls and meetings, and a lot of other computer work that may be required.

Plus, no one is forcing that worker to stay in the position of "gutting the tuna"; if he wants something better, he just has to apply himself, and show what else he can do.