Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 12:27 pm

I used to have full-on meltdowns when I was running late, and I would actually throw things. I was usually late because I couldn't find my purse, keys, or hat (military requirement). This, I know now, is the chronic disorganization of ADHD at work.

I still hate being late, but I am better at getting things together the night before , and I don't have as many things to be late for, like a job that requires me to show up at 7am. I work from home.

Hethera
Raven
Raven

12 May 2010, 1:55 pm

S-P-M-E wrote:
Hethera wrote:
I often find myself sitting there in the car with all the kids for half an hour, waiting for his slow behind to get out of the house

Tell him that you and the kids will be driving away at time X, with or without him. After he misses a few events, or has to drive himself and arrive late to the derision of all involved, he'll straighten out. If you really want him to be with you, tell him that he has to be getting ready at full speed by time X or you'll call whoever you're supposed to be seeing and tell them that you won't be coming because he refuses to get ready. My husband is stubborn enough that he has dragged it out until he sees me dialing, but at that point always gets going at a run. :lol:

Oh, I wish I had the ovaries to do that! I am such a big, people-pleasing doormat, though. He knows that the worst he can expect is to be growled at for a few minutes before I'm back to my happy self. But one of these days, maybe I'll drive around the block and make him a little nervous! :D

eb31 -- your moms' club sounds just like MY moms' club! I got some really great scores on Brickbreaker ... :D

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 12:44 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I have to be on time. If I'm not at the place that I'm supposed to be, on time or sooner, I panic to the point of having a meltdown.

I have to say I mirror this. The longest I have been away from coming in on time for a job has been 15 minutes because of a car accident that happened ahead of us. I am embarressed to say I yelled at the first responders to hurry up and get out of the way. :oops:

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 1:05 pm

eb31 wrote:
I HATE to be late. I usually leave half an hour before I have to be somewhere to ensure that I will not be late. If I am even one minute behind I call friends to let them know I am running late. lol

I HATE when other people are late. Its soooo rude. My mother is a chronically late person and it has caused trouble in our relationship because I find it to be disrespectful of me. I belong to a small mom's club that meets at 1pm. Guess who is the only person who is there at 1? Yes, me. I've gotten to the point where I just always keep a book in my purse. I'm never going to "be late" to fit in but I don't have to be pissed about it either.

All of this.

Being late for me is the quickest way to a meltdown.