Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:08 pm

I know this sounds perverted, but I don't mean it that way. XD
Like ZeldaP was excited about touching her friends hair, and that got me wondering how many aspies are like that? I know I am (not saying I'm an aspie).
Like, just, I always have to hold back urges to just touch someone's face. I also love playing with people's hair. One of the reasons I like doing people's makeup/hair is because I get to get close and inspect all their features, and touch their face and hair, and manipulate their looks. I also love giving people massages, and hugs (some people). And I just get urges to reach out and hold someone's hand, or play with their fingers, or arm hair, or whatever.
I learned it the bad way to NOT touch unless absolutely sure it's okay. So sometimes I'm hesitant to touch even where it's acceptable.
Ugh! It was so embarrassing, how I learned. It was 7th grade, and I leaned over and kissed my friend's cheek. She thought it was really weird. I never do that anymore. XD

Agnieszka
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:24 pm

It may sound strange, but I don't like touching other people but I like being touched by some of them :)
Edit: Well, I like touching other people only if I love them.

Last edited by Agnieszka on 09 May 2010, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:27 pm

I don't like touching people or being touched.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:30 pm

Unless there's affection or sex involved, I don't care to touch other people. I always feel like I need to wash my hands if I do.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:31 pm

Same here. I don't like touching people and often try to figure out why some choose occupations that require it.

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2010, 1:46 pm

I often catch myself staring at people's hair, but I would only touch it to see it move. Except I don't because it would be weird if I don't know them and interpreted as cuddling if I did. I don't recall faces well, but I remember all my childhood friends' hair.

I like touching my kids though. They're so soft and cuddly.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 1:59 pm

It depends on the person. Some people I wash my hands afterward. I actually always do, usually. But it's not because they're repulsive. Some people are repulsive though. Like children.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:16 pm

I like touching things to feel the different textures and also smell almost everything. Not people, though.

Do you have any special interest in beauty or hair etc?

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:20 pm

I don't feel comfortable touching people or being touched by people. The only thing that's okay sometimes is hugs, but I feel awkward hugging. I didn't grow up in the sort of family who hugs so I don't really know how to do it.

I love petting my animals though, I am happiest when they are sleeping on my lap so I can pet them. :D

As much as I dislike touching people, I am the complete opposite with objects. I love touching objects. Like if I walk by a fabric I have to touch it to see if it's as soft as it looks. And various objects that catch my eye, I just have to touch them. I like to fidget with things too. My Tangle toy is just about the greatest thing ever, especially since I merged two of them together. It is now shiny, fuzzy, and rainbow coloured, which is amazing. :)

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:20 pm

Beauty, definitely. I think that's it. I just like the textures, like you. And I like touching the beautiful things, figuring out what makes someone beautiful, how it can be improved. It's strange. My friends think I should be a model scout, because I can nitpick what exactly makes someone good-looking. It's also bad though. Ridiculous things can keep me from finding someone cute. :(

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 May 2010, 2:26 pm

I think I had a special interest in beauty in my teens. Part of it was trying to figure out why some girls were popular and others (like me) not. My equation was immensely simple: beauty plus not mean = popular. I knew I wasn't mean and it seemed as though things went better when I looked better. So I figured if I could just get pretty enough my social life would resolve itself :roll:

Other than that I just like looking at people, beautiful people. My beautiful might not always match other people's beautiful though. But I have always had an interest in being beautiful, which led to some rather unhealthy dieting when I was 15, and also to a generally good knowledge of make-up. I don't care as much now, grooming is more out of habit at this point, but I still like to look at beautiful people, as long as they don't look back, because then it all becomes complicated.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:28 pm

Yeah, it doesn't affect me too much. I'd say I have more of a desire to be "attractive" than a lot of people. But it doesn't take priority over enough things to be a problem. And I'd rather make someone else beautiful, by doing their hair and make-up, and calling that my "work" than do it on myself.

rmgh
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:43 pm

I love looking at beautiful people, too. So much so that I have quite a desire to have a beautiful partner and struggle to accept less beautiful people and to see beyond looks. I used to think I was ugly because I never had any luck with partners but then I learned it was my social skills that was the problem, not my looks. I'm not too bad looking but I would love to be beautiful. I'm rubbish at getting a hair style I like etc.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:52 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Same here. I don't like touching people and often try to figure out why some choose occupations that require it.

My occupation requires it, but it also requires that I wear latex gloves, so I'm not actually touching the person. Just poking holes in them and causing them pain. :twisted:

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 2:55 pm

No way! I could never survive one day in the medical feild without a meltdown. Gloves or not. As a kid, people used to force me to hold my baby cousins and neices and nepphews because they "had" to have a photo of so-and-so being held by Aunt Jess. I couldn't stand the sensation and would eventualy threaten to drop them if people insisted. I refuse to let my neices and nepphews cuddle with me or sit in my lap. They are lucky if I will so much as hug them. I will kiss my infant nepphew now and then but it's because he's too little to try and kiss me back and I never kiss him anywhere other than the forehead or cheek.

Last edited by PunkyKat on 09 May 2010, 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2010, 3:00 pm

Willard wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
My occupation requires it, but it also requires that I wear latex gloves, so I'm not actually touching the person. Just poking holes in them and causing them pain. :twisted:
I like the idea of gloves, however, gloves give me an impetus of clumisness I find hard to ignore, only if it's a psychological sensation and not actual, at first. I wish there were some that looked like gloves but didn't fee like gloves. The illusion of gloves is what I would prefer.