Offering yourself as a pet to someone

Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

simfish
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 May 2010, 3:06 pm

I'm serious.

Has anyone considered this? It might be an option for those who want SOME relationship but are desperate to have any. And humans actually can make for good pets. The only issue with humans is that they have ambitions and sexual feelings - both of which are probably undesirable in pets. But if those could be controlled, could a human be a good pet? It wouldn't need training, it would actually understand and obey commands, it wouldn't cause a mess with its poop, and it could be just as amusing, cute, and random as any pet could be.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:09 pm

I have a pet human. Ornery little bugger, but adorable just the same...I have to pay his rent and clean up some messes, but at least I don't have to scoop his poop out of a box.

Last edited by poopylungstuffing on 17 May 2010, 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:11 pm

No.

Pets do not have legal rights, for one thing; and they do not make many of their own decisions. A human being in such a situation would not be happy because he would not be treated as an equal, no matter how easy his life was.

I know it's difficult to make your own decisions; but if you are ever denied that right, it becomes the most important thing in the world to be allowed to do it.

You may simply be looking for a platonic relationship with a roommate?

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:17 pm

I wouldn't do that.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:18 pm

I am partially joking...I did enable my AS-ish boyfriend to quit his tedious job..so he hangs out around here all the time...and it is kinda like having a pet... :wink: He has not relinquished any of his basic human rights, and anytime he is subjected to stuff he doesn't wanna do....he storms off...he is def more like a cat than a dog.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:23 pm

There are some sexual fetishists who have pet/owner or slave/master relationships, but they're not at all nurturing or helpful, for either "partner". I'd steer well clear.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:39 pm

It might work as a role-playing scenario, with agreed-upon rules and limits on time and place. Otherwise, the relationship would have to be "normal" in other settings in order for it to work and to be ethical. One of these rules must be that anything done should not leave any lasting or significant harm. Consent to activities that leave lasting or significant harm, is an indication that the other person is not fit to give consent, and therefore consent to these cannot be given.

mgran wrote:
There are some sexual fetishists who have pet/owner or slave/master relationships, but they're not at all nurturing or helpful, for either "partner". I'd steer well clear.

They can be, if both people enjoy these role playing scenarios and keep them limited. It is necessary that the relationship should have enough "normal" activity outside of the role playing to keep both happy and permit healthy functioning.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Last edited by sgrannel on 17 May 2010, 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 3:44 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -lead.html

It's already been done.

ursaminor
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 4:08 pm

Reminds me of that Rammstein song; Du Hast.
Or, you have.
In the video they are on leashes.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 4:08 pm

There's a not unfamiliar image. My ex-bf (we're also goths, coincidentally) used to leash me when we went out. I definitely wasn't his pet, though -- I didn't act like an animal, and when we got places he handed the leash over to me. My dog definitely has a good life, for the most part -- indulging him makes me happy, but we also lock him in the master bath when we go out so he doesn't destroy anything out of boredom. He probably wants daily trips to the park, but only gets to go when we go. And I'm sure he'd love a long, long, long walk every day but I don't take him for one when it's raining, snowing hard, or below 10 degrees out. No, I don't think I'd like to be a pet -- too independent to be a dog, not arrogant enough to be a cat.

LivingOutsideTheBox
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 May 2010, 4:38 pm

We aren't designed for pet use. Have the top layer of your brain removed, or offer yourself up to an alien a few million years ahead of us.

Equals don't make good pets.

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

17 May 2010, 4:47 pm

I'd consider being completely submissive to someone if I couldn't get a relationship any other way. I would have to love and trust the person, though.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 4:49 pm

Rose_in_Winter wrote:
There's a not unfamiliar image. My ex-bf (we're also goths, coincidentally) used to leash me when we went out. I definitely wasn't his pet, though -- I didn't act like an animal, and when we got places he handed the leash over to me. My dog definitely has a good life, for the most part -- indulging him makes me happy, but we also lock him in the master bath when we go out so he doesn't destroy anything out of boredom. He probably wants daily trips to the park, but only gets to go when we go. And I'm sure he'd love a long, long, long walk every day but I don't take him for one when it's raining, snowing hard, or below 10 degrees out. No, I don't think I'd like to be a pet -- too independent to be a dog, not arrogant enough to be a cat.

If you can't be bothered to take him for daily trips to the park, you don't deserve a dog. Even when my husband was dying, and I was his only carer, he insisted I take our dogs for three walks a day. If you have to resort to locking your dog into the bathroom, you should be ashamed of yourself. Your behavior is disgusting.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 5:22 pm

mgran wrote:
Rose_in_Winter wrote:

If you can't be bothered to take him for daily trips to the park, you don't deserve a dog. Even when my husband was dying, and I was his only carer, he insisted I take our dogs for three walks a day. If you have to resort to locking your dog into the bathroom, you should be ashamed of yourself. Your behavior is disgusting.

Why not give him a kong toy or some other puzzle type toy he has to work at to get to the treat. He'd be so busy trying to get the peanut butter out of the kong, he'd be too distracted to mess up the house.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 5:23 pm

Am I the only one who thinks this thread is creepy? :huh:

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 6:02 pm

ursaminor wrote:
Reminds me of that Rammstein song; Du Hast.
Or, you have.
In the video they are on leashes.

Did you mean Mein Teil? 3:45, it's sweet :heart:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B193-mJ61Ik[/youtube]
In Du Hast they wear masks.

I've played with leash, but I can't trust enough to become anybody's pet. Pets are lovely, cute, they like to cuddle, fawn own... I'm cold one with mental blockage.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY