Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

sooite
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 May 2010, 9:11 pm

Does anyone else suffer this? Believe me I pretty much wrote (still do) the book on it.
I.E. I left the car running too long 5 years ago could someone have inadverdently inhaled the fumes and died? or crazy crap like that.

Also how common are meltdowns for others? For me too common. Thx.

dragonzmyst
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 May 2010, 9:30 pm

I have irrational fears. But I also have past experience with OCD, specifically pure-obsessional OCD so this is all too familiar to me. I have heard that OCD and AS can go hand in hand, but I don't know if that's what you're experiencing, or if it's not OCD but part of your AS dx....can't say for sure.

I have been professionally dx'd with OCD though, so I know that it's probably a seperate issue for me....of course, that was before I knew anything about AS, so maybe that would change...

Bah, sorry. I wasn't much help even though I wanted to be.

exhausted
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 2:50 am

i don't know, but i suspect it's pretty common. things from the past tend to be pretty vivid, (intense long term memory) and if you're always on pins and needles anyway because you're not sure of the social rules---it just seems like it would be easy to obsess about having possibly done something wrong five years ago.

i used to worry about throwing out butane lighters because i worried that when the garbage was compressed in the truck, they might explode and hurt one of the garbage men. just an example.

(edit: and then i have meltdowns and lash out, so yes, it's probably all pretty irrational in a way. what was the point of worrying about harming someone when i just spent a half hour screaming?)