Page 6 of 7 [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 5:07 am

My day naturally rolls. I stay up a few hours longer each day, slowly working in and out of sync. Sometimes I end up with adjustment sleeps, sometimes I stay up even later. Oddly, I have an awesome sense of time.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

When visiting a new city to me, I need to ask the first policeman I find; "Does your city have air raid sirens, and if so, where are they, and when is test day?"

Charles

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 10:47 am

"How long do you have to keep greeting someone you pass by, when you met only briefly a few months ago?"

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 3:44 pm

dyingofpoetry wrote:
"How long do you have to keep greeting someone you pass by, when you met only briefly a few months ago?"

That sounds like "How often do you have to salute your superior officer if you both work in the same building?"

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:28 pm

Y, Oh, Y topic

Why am I aware of myself as I? And how did this come about? I have never received less than a circular answer.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:50 pm

Growing up with a Grandfather for a preacher some of the questions I asked would make everyone gasp. I wont post them here because I dont want to start an argument.
A few other posts reminded me of the answer I gave to the boy next door when I was 15 and he asked me if I wanted to "go" with him. I was oblivious to the fact that this meant "go steady" be his girlfriend...whatever. I said "go where?" and he laughed but then stopped when he realized I was serious. He got embarrassed and went home. No boyfriend for me!

My question is....Why do you have to purchase a warranty? Isnt that sort of like extortion?

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 2:45 am

liloleme wrote:
My question is....Why do you have to purchase a warranty? Isnt that sort of like extortion?

Youcan say no. I usually do.

If my camera cost 700 bucks(it did) and they want 150 dollars(they did for a one year extended warranty, i figure in my head: Do 1 in 5 people bring their camera back for repairs? Probably not. In 5 years(or less) will I break or lose this camera? Also probably not. So I dont purchase the advanced warranty.

My camera is on its second year now, so assuming it loses half its value per year, the warranty makes less and less sense. I just checked, and they sell my model for 450 dollars now.

In the case of my computer, I build it myself, so a warranty isnt an option. In any case, with the most expensive component being in the 150 dollar range, and considering that only one thing is likely to break, and I can change that component myself, for an amortized cost of less than any warranty they want to sell me... I would decline.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 6:34 am

sartresue wrote:
Why am I aware of myself as I? And how did this come about? I have never received less than a circular answer.

We do not know.

The year is still young.

Lister
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 Jun 2010, 7:01 am

What form do blind people's dreams take?

Last edited by Lister on 08 Jun 2010, 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 7:12 am

nick007 wrote:
Why do you ask me for my opinion then get mad at me when I give it :?:
I doubt NTs ever ask that

I agree; not in my experience. I've had a couple NT friends try to explain this one to me and I still don't get it. Also, I can't figure out why, if my husband asks me, "What's wrong?" I'm not supposed to answer honestly (I believe I am supposed to say, "Nothing!" in a convincing way). I don't know how many times I've said to him, in exasperation, "Why did you ask if you don't want to know?"

I'm frequently tempted to ask my neighbors why they had children. I don't get why people do, unless it was societal pressure. Like there aren't enough humans already.

I also avoid going to class reunions...because while I know I shouldn't and I completely aware of how inappropriate it would be, I'm not sure I could stop myself from going up to the girl who made my life a living hell for so long and asking her why she was such an utter b***h to me. And tell her what a waste of oxygen she was (and possibly still is; I'm not convinced Mean Girls are capable of change).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 7:31 am

Fuzzy wrote:
Forgive the hyperbole in the title. Its not literal.

Ask your questions that seem to bizarre for normal people here. Provide an answer if you have one for someone elses question.

Here I intent to ask a question for which even google seems little help. I suspect these sorts of wonderings are common for those of us on the outer perimeter of human neurology.

What/where is the deepest buried human body, either as a burial rite or unrecovered from an accident? Please exclude burials at sea.

If you mean underground, it is hard to say. If you mean behind thick barriers, the placement of the pharos of Egypt in very large pyramids must be the most thorough disposal or placement of the corpse.

ruveyn

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 2:34 am

Why does Rüppell's vulture need to fly so dang high?

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 11:26 am

Why, in English, do we answer "negative questions" as if the negative weren't in the question?

IE:
Q: Is that not true?
A: No, that is not true.

FalconPunch39
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 1:07 pm

*talking to random person* "Who shot first Han or Greedo?"

*Everyday life* "Why is that person looking at me that way?"

*at a job interview* "When is this meeting going to end?"

*on a date* "Do you want to eat or make out first?"

*talking to an old person* "Why do you smell terrible?"

*talking to a priest* "Does God really exist, if so...what does he look like?"

Vivienne
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

Why has nobody realized yet that 'Science' is a religion?

"Be plain, good son, and homely in thy drift;
Riddling confession finds but riddling shrift"
~Shakespeare

cazzie2010
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Jun 2010, 2:11 pm

Actually that's something a kid would say too, I have a lazy eye and I've had kids ask me about it before, but adults don't say anything.
this is very true i had a lazy eye as a young child, but now they eye dont work any more :roll: blind!! !