Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

redwulf25_ci
Toucan
Toucan

07 Jun 2010, 5:34 pm

Todesking wrote:
I love creating new races, religions, cultures, monsters, and cities for the roleplaying games I play. So I have a pretty vivid imagination. Perhaps you should take up playing roleplaying games like Dungeons & Dragons it might help to build up your imagination,

Even if it doesn't help your creativity it's fun and I've found it's one of the easier ways for me to socialize. I think it's because there are guidelines and I know what sort of interaction is expected of me and others.

As for the OP hopefully you can console yourself with being more creative than the kid I do respite care for who's creative ideas contain such original figures as the wizard Henry Potter and Werewolf Danny (i.e. Danny Phantom but half werewolf instead of half ghost). He also once decided to write a script for a sequel to the movie Zathura. He didn't get very far but it was the same dialog and situations as the original movie.

Edit: I did personally find I got more creative as I got older. Maybe the same will happen with you and the kid I work with.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

07 Jun 2010, 6:23 pm

To think of an original idea basically means to think of an idea that already exists and modify it slightly to fit your needs. It's sort of like when teachers tell you to read something and then write what it's about in your own words. Any idea isn't completely original. They are just variations of other ideas and I'm sure you will notice this with the rest of your classmates even though they may not see it (because they aren't looking for it).

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2010, 6:38 pm

It would appear that I have very little imagination. I can usually think of ways to solve problems easily, or better ways to do things, which might appear to be imaginative but otherwise I haven´t any. I can't write fiction unless I'm given an idea or outline by someone. However, I do appreciate imaginative works and avidly read fiction.

My dictionary has three definitions for the word imagination:

1. The formation of a mental image of something that is not perceived as real and is not present to the senses
2. The ability to form mental images of things or events
3. The ability to deal resourcefully with unusual problems

I could fit definition number three. But I wonder if when people say imagination they mean something else? I'm sure a lot of people can't form images in their heads but otherwise have a normal imagination... or do most people lack it too?

necroluciferia
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

20 Sep 2010, 5:04 am

I do have an imagination, I've always loved writing stories and used to write lyrics too and consider my style of journalism to be even quite imaginative - in some ways my imagination is very over-active. When it comes to drawing and painting though, I'm really good at copying a picture from a photograph or book but have no ability to come up with anything from imagination. No idea why that is.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2010, 12:52 pm

I have Asperger's, I have an imagination. The first tome an idea was comcieved it was new