Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Morrissey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Apr 2006, 7:20 pm

Hello people

i've seemed to have come to a crossroads in my life where my main obsessions: music and film, i'm kind of tiring of. I mean, not literally as I adore both, especially music is my life but I feel i've exhausted it at least for now. I was wondering how aspies move on to new obsessions/fields of interest? I am interested in lots of things but I tend not to really go for something unless I think it's gonna really help me, any suggestions/advice?

I'm going for a career in music and have studied pop music for years and years, own around 800 cds (and i'm only 24), I read music reviews, watch music videos, listen to artists being interviewed, read autobiographies on rock stars, watch live concerts, so basically covering all areas...any advice on this?

Cheers for reading

Kerry

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2006, 7:47 pm

I'm one of those people who tends to like learning about most things but I don't become interested or 'obsessive' with stuff unless it really appeals to me. I can't get into something if I merely find it average or mindnumbingly boring. I have to feel passionate about something for it to become an obsession, music is something I also feel I have to do but I listen to it rather than participate in it as I'm too shy. I get obsessive about biological sciences, not everyone's cup of tea but it floats my boat. It's like I'm not doing anything related to my field of interest and read about it when I have time i.e. when my brain isn't too tired from work so I wouldn't say I really had an obsession at the moment, but no doubt I will come across another one soon. :)

parts
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2006, 8:19 pm

If your interested in music maybe looking into the techincal side of it production and such lots of great stuff there. I tend to gravitate towards history and science and find it hard to change something really has to interst me and I find the history of electonics and the recording industry fastenating

edgey123
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Apr 2006, 9:06 pm

The first thing worth considering is classical music if you are seriously into music.
I find it's whether you get on with the other people associated with that interest that counts, do you make friends through your interest? :)

emp
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2006, 5:16 am

I do not know if this applies to your situation, but sometimes my interest in a favorite area is reduced because I have overdone it, worked too hard, etc. So possibly you might find that if you take a break from it (completely, not a reduction), your interest will start to restore itself and you will miss it and start developing a desire to return to it.

Thess
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Apr 2006, 5:56 am

I am the kind of person with many of different things in my life that I like, and I move from one thing to another all the time, BUT, I do have a special love for writing and painting. That is why I move from one thing to another so that I can go back to writing or painting with more inspiration.
For me it is easy...
I can read a book, do crossword, take a walk, spend time with my animal, listen to music, and then paint or write something...

Morrissey
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2006, 7:41 am

Thanks everyone, they're really nice replies, i'm gonna do something about it

x

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2006, 8:00 am

If you really wanted to go all out, you could star in a movie with a role as a singer.

herbivore
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Apr 2006, 8:43 am

I have always wanted to make some sort of story video. Maybe stop frame animation, some special effects...
Sounds like a blast to me.