Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

fleeced
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Jun 2010, 2:20 pm

don't know if this is aspie ... i've ocd but seem to have a few traits. when you're in a room, for example, do all the imperfections really stand out - a small stain on the carpet, badly applied wallpaper, uneven surfaces, things that should match but don't quite ...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 2:40 pm

I'm able to do that, as well. I can tell all the things that are wrong with a room, when I walk in.

I'm careful, not to verbally pick the imperfections of people, because my two best friends and I had that done to us, by some bioch.

labnjab
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jun 2010, 3:52 pm

me too. Its all I can do to not verbally pick the imperfections on people too. To many bad experiences there and also I can tell when thing dont match and everything else you mentioned. I didnt even think of that thank you for bringing it up.

Your Aspie score: 187 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
This keeps getting higher everytime I take it :/

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 3:55 pm

How to Kill A WWII British Army Officer

1) Obtain a picture in a frame and place a bomb behind it.

2) With the picture tilted wire a mercury switch to the bomb and retire to a safe distance.

3) Wait for the Allied troops to arrive.

4) A member of the lower ranks such as a private or sergeant will walk past a crooked picture and never notice it, a member of the officer upper classes will notice the crooked picture and straighten it. The explosion will kill the officer.

This was an actual technique used by the Axis powers during World War II and it worked well.

Vanilla_Slice

hutchscott
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jun 2010, 4:01 pm

Yes, very much so. Several times.

Women in shorts who don't shave their legs.

Floor detritus in general and staples in particular. Staples are bright and shiney. I have a thing about vacuuming.

Normally I'm okay with eye contact but I was talking to a woman the other day whose front tooth was discolored so that is what I starred at.

Food stains on anything. I have allergies so my clothes have snot stains.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 9:56 pm

Yes yes yes. On one hand I'm one of the least judgmental people you'll meet, but on the other hand I do pick out imperfections a lot. I know, it doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jun 2010, 10:13 pm

I usually notice alot of them, but but most times I don't mention them unless it's something like an object that blatently needs fixed. People's physical imperfections are noticed, but I have enough manners not to mention them, it's rude.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jun 2010, 10:47 pm

Yes, I also do this and also have a bit of OCD. Sometimes I can get really hung up on certain imperfections. I sit there thinking "Why don't they fix this? All they'd need to do is blah blah blah. It'd be so easy to fix blah blah blah."

fleeced
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jul 2010, 5:39 am

Kiseki wrote:
All they'd need to do is blah blah blah. It'd be so easy to fix blah blah blah."

yes, i do that, go through in my mind how the problem could be solved as if planning how i would fix it

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 6:26 am

I tend to pick out my own imperfections easily (as in me as a person).
other peoples not so much.
as for rooms, not so much.

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 6:54 am

fleeced wrote:
don't know if this is aspie ... i've ocd but seem to have a few traits. when you're in a room, for example, do all the imperfections really stand out - a small stain on the carpet, badly applied wallpaper, uneven surfaces, things that should match but don't quite ...

Very much so, I do that all the time, as soon as I walk in a room all the imperfections may as well be glowing, they stand out to me that much. My fiancee finds that amusing/charming thankfully.