Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 12:45 pm

http://www.parentingkidswithaspergers.com/node/16

Just went through all of these and was shocked how many of the criteria I fit (as a child). I am pretty floored, TBH. So maybe this is what was "wrong" with me all these years.

I'm not sure how many boxes need to be checked in order for an AS diagnosis to be made. Does anyone know?

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 3:15 pm

I liked the social reciprocity one. I wondered if this was an "official" checklist (that is, one developed for clinicians by clinicians) or if it was just for that particular center. Some lists/tests centers use don't have specific numbers of stuff to be checked off, because they're not diagnostic but instead to give parents a general idea of what to watch for.

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

Kiseki wrote:
I'm not sure how many boxes need to be checked in order for an AS diagnosis to be made. Does anyone know?

That is a guide to identifying behaviours rather than a diagnostic evaluation.

There are some good online questionnaires in the sticky at the top of the forum that do assess the score against a threshold - but diagnosis usually involves an assessment of things like interaction, behaviour and childhood.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 10:48 pm

StuartN wrote:
Kiseki wrote:

That is a guide to identifying behaviours rather than a diagnostic evaluation.

There are some good online questionnaires in the sticky at the top of the forum that do assess the score against a threshold - but diagnosis usually involves an assessment of things like interaction, behaviour and childhood.

Ohhh, I see.

I've taken the Aspie quiz and scored a 150. I was curious in finding a diagnotic test given to children. I want to show my mom and see if she remembers any of these traits from my childhood.