What kinda insects do you like and dislike?

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 2:01 pm

I like the Dead Ones.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 4:22 pm

I like lightning bugs, butterflies, ladybugs, bees.

I dislike fleas and anything that bites and causes an allergic reaction (no matter how minor if it itches) like wasps and mosquitos.

If we are typing arachnids, I dislike ticks, mites, and certain species of spiders.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

01 Jul 2010, 10:18 pm

I don't like any type of insect, arachnid, arthropod, or what-have-you, in the house, but outside I don't care one way or the other. I particularly hate flies, as they carry feces on their feet and walk on people, pets and food. Bees are a little scary when swarming, but otherwise most bugs live their lives and I live mine. No fears of any bugs really.

Charles

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

01 Jul 2010, 10:52 pm

I really, really, really dislike moths. I have the biggest phobia of them and even looking at this picture to post made my eyes water.

One that I do like is snails (if they count? I'm not sure)

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 5:56 am

I dislike all insects. Spiders i normally just throw out (because they eat other insects), but apart from that, anything that flies/creeps between me and the computer screen gets flattened out. Flies carry germs and i kill all those on pure principle.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 1:38 pm

My favourite insects are moths and butterflies. They are the most harmless insects on the planet, and there isn't one species of them that can harm a person or animal. They even wait for other insects to die before eating them, because they would never kill them themselves. And they are beautiful.

I also like bees. Although they sting, they are good for our earth, and where would we be without bees?

Strangely, I like flies too. Even though they are germy, they can't harm you in any other way if they don't walk on your food. If a fly was in my room, I wouldn't be scared to sleep. And they can't hurt you if they land on you, and they're not creepy-crawly. Some flies can be beautiful.

I like ladybirds. Although they can bite, they don't worry me.

Caterpillar are nice too.

And worms, ants, snails, dragonflies.....everything.

I would love wasps if they didn't sting. The only thing I cannot stand is spiders. If there's a big spider in my room, I can't do anything until it's gone. And if I lost it in my room, I know I would not go back in there until it's found and got rid of.

But I do love moths the most, because they come inside my house. I've got a florescent light outside my window to attract moths, and more will come into my room. I've gave them a rag to feed on (which works), and I'd love to get a job in a butterfly sanctuary. :)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 1:46 pm

Brittany2907 wrote:
I really, really, really dislike moths. I have the biggest phobia of them and even looking at this picture to post made my eyes water.]

Ahem! How can you not like moths? They are the most harmless creature on this planet. And butterflies are too - I love them! I suppose everyone's different, but everyone should love moths! LOL

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2010, 1:47 pm

I love insects, except for mosquitoes and gnats.

Emmapants
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2010, 2:05 pm

I'm a bit frightened of yellowjackets and hornets, but that's about it. I don't actively dislike or hate any other insects. In fact, I actually find moths and butterflies, as well as some beetles, to be downright cute.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 2:30 pm

Years ago as a kid, my family and I were camping in a campground in Canada where, believe it or not, there were the most friendly hornets imaginable. They were everywhere, but so were people. And so, apparently the hornets got used to us homo sapiens and adopted a live-and-let-live attitude. They would land on your clothes en mass without stinging, even when you'd brush them off. I've been stung by anti-social hornets since then, and I'll tell you, I sure miss those friendly hornets!

-Bill, otherwise known as Kriachgauer

DonDud
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Aug 2010, 2:53 pm

Galt1957 wrote:
The only insect I really like is the firefly because it lights up and it can't bite/kill you. I tolerate lady bugs.

I coulda posted something that sounded a lot like this. Fireflies are just about the only insect that doesn't bother me. I also kinda like caterpillars, particularly the fuzzy kind. Any sort of bug/insect/spider/whatever, as a general rule, is just something I strongly dislike, and always have.

Shebakoby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 3:03 pm

Moths are downright adorable. I've had them try to crawl into bed with me LOL. Though I discourage it cuz one time one did that and accidentally got squished.

I feed moths with a diluted honey water mixture. One night I was half-asleep and a moth that had gotten fed by me before landed on my hand, beating its wings and tonguing my finger. So I got up and directed it to the food.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2010, 4:03 pm

Shebakoby wrote:
Moths are downright adorable. I've had them try to crawl into bed with me LOL. Though I discourage it cuz one time one did that and accidentally got squished.

I feed moths with a diluted honey water mixture. One night I was half-asleep and a moth that had gotten fed by me before landed on my hand, beating its wings and tonguing my finger. So I got up and directed it to the food.

And people say insects can't learn.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 4:40 pm

I like all insects and I find many quite like butterflies, moths, beetles (the native
click beetles here in S. Florida are magnificient with their green bioluminescent
spots), grasshoppers, etc...

I am very afraid of larger spiders though like Golden Orb Weavers, Tarantulas,
Wolf Spiders, Black Widows, Brown Recluses, etc....

It doesn't matter if it's a venomous species or not....big spiders just scare the crap out of me.

I am not afraid of any other animals and I will handle non-venomous snakes,
(except very large constrictors), frogs, lizards, salamanders, turtles, birds, etc....
with no fear.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 10:40 pm

Like:
Butterflies/moths
Earthworms
Praying mantis
Pill bugs

Dislike:
Spiders (especially tarantulas)
Grasshoppers (got bit by one as a child and it drew blood)
Dragonflies
Mosquitoes
Beetles

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2010, 10:55 pm

Bugs I like:
The ones that stay outside

Bugs I dislike:
The ones that come inside