Am I the only one on here bothered by this?

Page 10 of 10 [ 145 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

SodBreaker
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jul 2010, 2:44 am

If I may chime in here. I got on food stamps just this month and to be honest I'm not proud of it. When I go to the check out and they ring it up and I swipe my card fast and hope that no one I knows sees me. It's not a pride thing. it's very humbling(at least for me) That I am more or less admitting that I can't live a normal life and that I can't find or hold a decent job. But I will say that food that is fresh, as in manufactured within the last few months is better than the C-rations from the early 80's that was eating. It's not that I want this or even that it's a long term thing but if it provides me the means to stay fed (and alive) long enough to find a better way of procuring food then maybe it's not compleletly bad. The same with SSI. I filed the papers and it is pending. It sure as H*** ain't the life I dreamed about. But you know when every time I get $20 in my pocket and never know when the next job is going to come. It might be two days or two months it's kind of hard to survive that way. So If I can get on SSI find a way to invest it to make me money back. Then when I get set up I'll turn my cards in and say a sincere thanks for the ride but this is my stop.

Sod Breaker