What do you do the same way everytime?

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Jul 2010, 2:17 pm

I have a lot of routines. Basically the daily stuff like showering etc. that Variant pointed out already.

I guess videogames come to mind too. I'm a perfectionist and when I've found a certain 'best' way to play I stick to it. Think speedruns.
It's quite annoying actually.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

21 Apr 2017, 10:08 pm

What are the most things you like doing over and over the same way every time,

do you play the same song over and over agian?

tae care

unless something really unusual happens, i go to bed from 10-6. once in a while i sleep badly. usually i sleep soundly. then cook dinner. drink 1 liter water. urinate. drink half a liter of water. urinate. eat. wash dishes. get dressed. walk to home depot. walk the rest of the way. eat. go bowel movement. stretch. library/bookstore.

what i eat is the same every single day. down to the flavor of clif bar. and i ain't getting a wide variety of nutrition. but eat over 9 daily servings of fruits. a lot of sugar/sucrose. and 2 clif bars a day is a lot for someone of my weight. but whatever.

likewise then i get back to my jail cell. cook dinner. 5 dumplings. wash dishes. eat. go on internet.

hotmail
yahoo
puzzles
hangman
wrongplanet
facebook
youtube

yahoo net surfing for subjects such as LGBT.

since around age 20 (34 now) totally obsessed with the military. it seems to have some sort of ulterior purpose. and the military seems so important. but whatever. obsessed with eating/foods. obsessed with jobs. obsessed with college majors. obsessed with overeducated workers. obsessed with rape. obsessed with medical symptoms.

when i go for a walk i take the same route almost every single time

part of it is on main streets, b/c it's more convenient

part of it is under train tracks, b/c less noise from traffic. and no stoplights.

part of it is parallel to a major street. to avoid stoplights. it's quieter and mentally easier.

SilentJessica
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Apr 2017, 10:48 pm

* I listen to songs on repeat a lot, sometimes for an hour. I don't get sick of them for long if I ever do.

* Whenever I post on a forum, I make my writing pink, and it's always the same shade. I've done that since I was 13.

* I have the same meal for dinner most nights, and I always arrange it on my plate in the same way and usually eat it in the same order.

* If I lock a door, I try opening it again to make sure it is definitely locked.

* When I had an electric blanket, I checked it about three times to make sure it was off, even when it wasn't on to start with. I moved the off switch to "off" as far as I could when it was already off just to make sure.

* Whenever I fold anything, I have to hit it with my hand once it's done. I don't know why, and I've tried to stop, but I can't.

* I get the same meal each time I go somewhere.

* Whenever I look at the clock at 12:00 AM, I always have to think "please be a good day."

* When I'm getting ready to go somewhere, I start repeating everything I do in the last few minutes. My mum tells me "you've already done that."

* Whenever I get home, I have to take my jewellery off. It's the first thing I do. It feels wrong to wear it at home.

* Some things I have need to be in a certain spot or position, so I always fix it if it's not right and I put everything back once I'm finished with it.

* My hairstyle is always the same when I go somewhere (only straightened, and never up).

* I buy two or more of nearly everything I buy, and I like having lots of spares for when I run out.

* I check to make sure everything is in my bag a few times to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

* When I'm thinking about something, I keep going back to the start again until I get it right. There are/used to be some thoughts I keep repeating over and over, which is usually when I'm anxious or worried, because I think repeating them makes them more true somehow.

* When I'm texting someone, I use some of the same sentences a lot. Sometimes they can guess what I'll say next.

* When I went away with my sister a few months ago, she told me I had routines I didn't know about. Whenever I went to the bathroom to wash my face or hands, I forgot to take my towel, so I had to walk back and get it from the table. It happened everytime.

AQ: 40
RAADS-R: 149

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 12:17 am

At night I:
Put the cat out for a pee
Take my meds
Go to the toilet
Wash my hands and face
Brush my teeth
Put acne cream on
Use lip balm
Fill up cat's water
Call the cat in
Close my bedroom door
Go to bed.

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 11:19 am

Give my cat food and water
Give outside cats food and water
Pour coffee
Set up for breakfast
Turn on television and watch tennis or the news
Make breakfast
Get ready for work

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2017, 11:23 am

I'm not sure I do anything exactly the same each time. I do like to sit in the same seat on the bus, but that's for specific reasons. Obviously I can't sit there if there's already someone else sitting there.