Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 4:54 pm

Does anyone of problems talking on the phone? I mean I don't like calling people just to talk because I feel that I might be interrupting them, not to mention what if I'm giving off the wrong signals in my voice.

Now with Skype/webcams and that FaceTime on the iPhone 4, we're moving into video chat and I'm kind of scared because I liked not being able to see the other person. To me, I'd rather text/e-mail someone rather than see them as I'm talking on the phone.

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 5:00 pm

I'm good at this, but when there is more than one person I am talking to, I interrupt a lot because picking up all the cues is much harder.

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2010, 6:52 pm

i wood rather do audio because i can't tyupe and
i won't correct tyupso

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

flyingkittycat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jul 2010, 8:35 pm

I became okay with phone conversations but then I go months without talking on the phone. If i do it, I need a good break.

outdancing
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Jul 2010, 8:49 pm

I am absolutely awful at talking on the phone. Like you, I always feel like I am bothering the person that I am calling. Also, I rehearse what I am going to say on the phone over and over again....but I usually end up messing up anyway.

Deidara
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jul 2010, 1:10 am

I don't have a problem with it. Though sometimes I mumble or fall over my words, that makes some pretty awkward conversations.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 1:21 am

If it's with someone I know (like my sister) I have very little problem with it. Though, I still create awkward silences. If it's someone I don't know or a recording, I get anxious. Some recordings have brought me to tears.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 10:09 am

Don't like it. I have a phone phobia. I can't really explain it.

I also don't like answering the phone when I don't know who it's gonna be. I don't answer if my caller ID doesn't show a familiar number. I just let people leave messages if it's really important. Of course I hate leaving messages myself. Oh well.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 10:27 am

I get very nervous on the phone. When it comes to talking with video, it depends who I'm talking to, why, and what the situation is, but usually I prefer to just use text messages and e-mail.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 11:15 am

I love that email has become so popular, because you can get away with emailing instead of making phone calls most times. I hate the phone.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 6:53 pm

marshall wrote:
Don't like it. I have a phone phobia. I can't really explain it.

I also don't like answering the phone when I don't know who it's gonna be. I don't answer if my caller ID doesn't show a familiar number. I just let people leave messages if it's really important. Of course I hate leaving messages myself. Oh well.

me too

harlequinsenor
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2010, 1:24 am

I'm great on the phone... Terrible in person though.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 2:08 am

I don't like talking on the phone either, mainly because I worry that I might be calling the person at a bad time, and I have tendencies for prolonged silences and not knowing what to say.

That's why I prefer texting and online conversations.

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 6:20 am

I've never been good at initiating phone calls. I can do somewhat better with e-mails, but it takes some time for me to "polish it" so that it comes out the way I want it to. I don't have as much trouble meeting people in person.

MarijnR
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

10 Jul 2010, 6:29 am

I'm terrible on the phone, I tend to lose the direction the conversation is going, and my timing is dreadful. Short functional calls I can manage, long calls leave me exhausted.

I prefer text messaging and e-mails, or talking to someone in person (although I run into the same problems but not so fast).

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 6:53 am

The last time I've phoned some place, was when I've phoned Tim Horton's, because I've left my bank card, there. I hung up, in tears, the first time, and I talked to myself, about how easy it would be, for me to move to London, England, in a heartbeat. My voice is better suited for East London, than for Southern British Columbia. I've phoned, 10 minutes later, and asked that she not expect me to sound like her, at any time during the call, and that she tried her best, to understand me.

I'm not losing my accent. I just hate peppy young girls, who expect everybody to speak with the ABC or the CBC accent.