Page 3 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Meow101
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 5:14 pm

I am exactly as I am when awake, so I guess so.

~Kate

Si tot mai multe cere.
--Mihai Eminescu

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 7:22 pm

I'm no better socially in my dreams than when I'm awake, but everyone else is worse. Apparently, my subconscious feels an appropriate way to deal with it is just lower everyone else to my level.

Three years!

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 9:58 pm

I can't even answer this question. My dreams are far too weird. Thing is, I know they are dreams too, even while having them. I can even change them if I want to, but I don't usually because I'm just enjoying the show. There's no way to tell if I'm Aspie in my dreams, because I don't interact with anyone in them. There's never a conversation or anything like that in mine. It's all just events, happening with me in or near them.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jul 2010, 10:10 pm

I do not know if I'm autistic or not in my dreams cuz most of my dreams resemble drug trips; particularity shrooms. Lots of druggies I talk about my dreams with wish they had my dreams :o Only other dreams I have mostly involve me me being chased or dating Miranda Cosgrove :D :oops: I'm seriously NOT rite

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 10:14 pm

nick007 wrote:
I do not know if I'm autistic or not in my dreams cuz most of my dreams resemble drug trips; particularity shrooms.

I was going to say that, but didn't want anyone asking how I knew. :roll: :lol:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 10:16 pm

I get made fun-of in my dreams, so I guess I am.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 10:18 pm

anbuend wrote:
How is it simple? I don't understand what being autistic in a dream even means, versus not being autistic.

Do you talk in your dreams as if you didn't have a speech impairment (autism related)? Do you do the same motor mannerisms in your dreams (again, autistic related)?

Last edited by Danielismyname on 13 Jul 2010, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Jul 2010, 10:19 pm

MrXxx wrote:
nick007 wrote:
I do not know if I'm autistic or not in my dreams cuz most of my dreams resemble drug trips; particularity shrooms.

I was going to say that, but didn't want anyone asking how I knew. :roll: :lol:

I know from conversations with friends & from music videos that I hear are like that. I'm straight-edge & never did anything illegal. I cant tell if I'm autistic from that flying talking penguin who I ride

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

daydreamer84
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2010, 11:50 pm

Chronos wrote:
Interesting question.

Most people in my dreams are people I do not know personally, in real life or in my dreams and I usually have to have some dealings with them.

I guess I do perceive them in much the way I used to perceive people in real life, which I suppose would not be considered to be in an NT manner.

My dreams are like that (i.e. they resemble my real life only more bizzare and dreamlike ). I feel just as socially awkward and uncomfortable in my dreams as I do in real life.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

This is kind of like asking, in dreams are you a bird or an aeroplane?

Flying is a really common thing to do in dreams, or really anything you aren't capable of doing in real life. It doesn't mean you act like a bird in dreams. So, yes, sometimes I have meltdowns in dreams or wander around confused with lots of people around me. Sometimes I talk and act just fine though (probably because this is a strong desire of mine).

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 12:55 am

In my dreams, I'm me. I'm Autistic in real life, so my dream like counterpart is basically the same.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:19 am

In my dreams, "autistic" ceases to have meaning. I just know things, people's intentions, how to interact, deceive, except when I can't talk. In my dreams, I'm proficient in Le Parkour and flying, except when I can't walk.

It's meaningless. There is no gap; there is my experience, other people's behavior and sometimes other people's transparent intentions. There are meltdowns only when they would be experienced by absolutely anyone. (The only case that springs to mind is the dream where I was going to be forced to get plastic surgery.) There is no such thing as stimming, only perceiving and moving, and the necessity of my major stims is eliminated because I can achieve the same result without even thinking about it.

I never dream of small-talk.

NOT A DOCTOR

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:32 am

Danielismyname wrote:
anbuend wrote:
How is it simple? I don't understand what being autistic in a dream even means, versus not being autistic.

Do you talk in your dreams as if you didn't have a speech impairment (autism related)? Do you do the same motor mannerisms in your dreams (again, autistic related)?

I barely know what my body's doing when I'm awake unless I videotape it, so I would have a really hard time in my sleep knowing what my body was doing in a dream (I get body sensations but I don't get a good sense of what my body is doing except in unusual circumstances). As for communication, again it's on a different level in dreams than real life so it's not even comparable. That's why it's hard to answer. My dreams are pretty weird and surreal, and involve a lot of abilities that don't even exist in real life. (So I suppose you could say I'm "not human" in my dreams by those standards, because humans don't have the abilities I have in dreams.)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 8:16 am

Ferdinand wrote:
anbuend wrote:

I think if there are things you do not do like socialize or communicate or play sports in real life because of your autism that you do in your dreams, then you are not autistic in them.
No, that means you've lost your social anxiety in your dream. I seriously doubt that somebody could make their brain do something that it doesn't do in real life while they're dreaming.

Next time you realize you're dreaming, try to see in ultraviolet. Doesn't work, does it? It's like that.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

eagletalon86
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jul 2010, 9:52 am

Not in my dreams, no, but since the reality in my dreams is skewed compared to when I'm in my conscious state, it's safe to say that it would not fare me well outside of my sub-conscious (hope I worded that right, I'm comparing two different states of mind).

On a different note, I've gotten some weird ideas from my dreams that I probably should implement...it's like my mind is begging me to be creative and apply myself but I don't know how to do it...

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 7:50 pm

anbuend wrote:
Danielismyname wrote:
anbuend wrote:

I barely know what my body's doing when I'm awake unless I videotape it, so I would have a really hard time in my sleep knowing what my body was doing in a dream (I get body sensations but I don't get a good sense of what my body is doing except in unusual circumstances). As for communication, again it's on a different level in dreams than real life so it's not even comparable. That's why it's hard to answer. My dreams are pretty weird and surreal, and involve a lot of abilities that don't even exist in real life. (So I suppose you could say I'm "not human" in my dreams by those standards, because humans don't have the abilities I have in dreams.)

Sounds quite interesting...who knows, if you ever dabbled in fiction, you might be able to write some sci-fi or fantasy from it. (But then I always tend to think that way because my dreams actually try to explain themselves by some sci-fi/fantasy means, when I question their logic while in the dream.)

Would the dream communication be a sort of telepathy (I know I have done something like that in dreams before and intend to use it in a story someday), or something beyond that--more of a knowing/gestalt, a being in-synch with one's surroundings? If it's the latter, that would be something I have rarely ever felt, and would be very neat. :)