Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Angnix
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 7:09 pm

I did it again somehow...

In the past, I found one former classmate on facebook and in our chat, I suddenly said "by the way, I have a mood disorder, that is what was wrong with me all those years!" ummm... that person stopped talking to me and she never talked to me since.

And today... argh, I was talking and reading the profile of one former classmate, but I feel compelled to mention something horrible in her profile, and I basically said I didn't know what that was like, but I had different problems, but oh, I did have this one problem that was a little like that.... Anyway, that person stopped talking to me too...

I mean, I guess on facebook it's just easier to disconnect, but I do this a lot in real life too... so, any other facebook accidents?

Avatar: A Shiny from the new Pokemon Pearl remake, Shiny Chatot... I named him TaterTot...

FINALLY diagnosed with ASD 2/6/2020

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 7:13 pm

I was scrolling down my home page trying to find a link someone sent me for an anime and I accidentally clicked "like" on someone's silly angsty "I've had the worst day and now I want to cut myself with a spork or something because I'm a melodramatic rockhead" status

hutchscott
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2010, 7:31 pm

I have a hard time with Facebook...I've even posted on WP about it.

I also have a really hard time with disclosures. I am sorry you are also having trouble. I agree with you. There is a certain joy of finally understanding what made you tick all those years, and you think you should share the joy. Unfortunately it doesn't always bring understanding, acceptance, or awareness.

My reaction has been to stop disclosing. I don't know if that is the best response. I suppose with Facebook you could include something in your profile that shows you support autism awareness. Best Wishes that you'll find a solution.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 1:11 am

Heh, yeah, I've made one real big facebook boo boo

I created a profile.

dang thing just clutters my email inbox.... Can't even be interested enough in it to go and delete it or change the settings.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 4:02 am

book_noodles wrote:
I was scrolling down my home page trying to find a link someone sent me for an anime and I accidentally clicked "like" on someone's silly angsty "I've had the worst day and now I want to cut myself with a spork or something because I'm a melodramatic rockhead" status

That's funny. Facebook really needs a 'sympathise' button as well as a 'like' button on posts. And they say I'm deficient in understanding humans.

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 4:17 am

Moog wrote:
book_noodles wrote:

That's funny. Facebook really needs a 'sympathise' button as well as a 'like' button on posts. And they say I'm deficient in understanding humans.

:roll: I give up. I have dangerously clumsy fingers of social oblivion. I might as well laugh at the bedlam and at the flurries of huffy comments.