Page 2 of 6 [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

kwilky
Raven
Raven

14 Jul 2010, 1:21 am

I cried when 2 of my parakeets died. I've never had a death in my close family though so I'm not sure if human death would affect me. A grandma of mine died a few months ago but I had never met her I don't think so I didn't cry.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:26 am

Kiseki wrote:
My grandfather also died. What I remember most was how uneasy I felt seeing my mother cry and having her want me to hug her.

My mom did this when my grandmother died. (her mom)

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:27 am

if there's one thing I hate, it's when others cry and I happen to be around them; they make you part of it, and it feels really awkward.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:29 am

Kiseki wrote:
MrXxx wrote:
When my mother died six years ago, I only felt the urge, but never did, and that was only during the funeral itself. Oddly, I didn't feel like crying more my own sake, or hers, but for the people getting up and saying their peace, some of whom were very emotional. I felt badly for them, because they didn't know what it was like to not be bothered by it:

Did you deal with her death in some other way? I can't imagine seeing my mother dead and not be affected terribly.

I probably wouldn't be affected much if my mother died. Then again, we don't exactly have a good relationship. Never have.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:29 am

I tend to cry when someone dies, especially if the person died unexpectedly, or were relatively young. Also, if the person was close either as a friend or a family member, then I'll cry. A great uncle of mine died a couple of years ago, but I wasn't close enough to him to cry over his death, and I skipped the funeral. I had only met him a handful of times in my life, and the last time I saw him was at my grandpa's funeral.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:30 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
if there's one thing I hate, it's when others cry and I happen to be around them; they make you part of it, and it feels really awkward.

People just don't cry around me. I'm thankful. The few times they have, I didn't know what to do. I sure as heck didn't want them on my shoulder.

chasingthesun
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jul 2010, 1:32 am

I have been fortunate enough that not too many people close to me have died. Family friends have and that's...awkward. I don't know how else to describe it. I get sort of sad and angry because they've died young, but having not been very close to them I don't really physically react.

When my grandfather died I didn't cry. But when George Harrison died I sobbed like a baby all day at school. I asked my mom why and she said it was because I had no relationship with my grandfather. The Beatles were a special interest of mine so I felt very attached to George.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 1:55 am

Yes. I know that when my parents die, I'm going to be absolutely devastated.

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 6:45 am

I cried for a week when my memmy died.

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Jul 2010, 7:12 am

TheDoctor82 wrote:
I only cry about death when it's someone who really, really, really means a lot to me.

And to be honest, a death like that doesn't happen very often.

Most of the time, I just try to console others, and offer some solace; it's what I know how to do.

I can't, of course, relate on an emotional level in most cases.

Exactly this. I lost my dog who I loved to death back in December, and I cried for awhile after that happened. Otherwise, I don't cry at death. My grandfather died about 10 years ago now, and I don't remember crying much, if at all, after he died (I never really felt attached to him at all). I honestly CANNOT even begin to imagine how I will feel when I lose my parents, though. :/

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 8:10 am

The first human death that really affected me was when my 4-year-old cousin, who had cerebral palsy, died. I cried a little at his funeral, but not as much as everybody else.

The latest human death that affected me was the death of my paternal grandmother, who died three years ago this September. Again, I cried a little at her funeral. Now, I really miss her.

I will definitely be devastated when my parents die.

BeautifulLoser
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Jul 2010, 9:09 am

I didn't cry when either of my grand parents died but when my dog died, I cryed for days on end. Hell, when I think about my dog now, I still cry.

violetchild
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Jul 2010, 9:31 am

I cry at funerals, but i think its the other people crying which makes me cry most, most so then that a person has died. Im more likely to cry if it was someone I feel very close to.

I view death as a matter of fact thing esp in people who are old (I find it harder if someone is young, it then doesnt feel so right)..

I dont know if I will cry when my mum or dad dies as I arent all that connected to them.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

14 Jul 2010, 10:20 am

No... I guess you could say I'm "mis-wired"? I don't cry about things that are sad or depressing, but I do for sentimental happy things. Very weird as a man, but that's the way it is. If anything, I have to hold back grins at very serious or sad occasions, as deaths or losses. I hate being that way, as I know people think that I think something is funny, when in fact I feel sad.

Charles

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2010, 10:29 am

I cried for weeks after my mom died, when I was 14, and when my dad died 3 years ago. also cry when my pets die

Whatsherhame
Toucan
Toucan

14 Jul 2010, 10:30 am

I didn't cry when my aunt died but there was a point when we had to go into this little room to see the open casket, and I caught a glimpse of her and I just couldn't do it. I waited in the hall.

Don't feel bad if you don't cry when somebody you love die. Everyone grieves in their own ways. Personally, the reason why I didn't cry was because I felt worse then sad. There comes a point when you just can't cry anymore.