Page 1 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 7:49 pm

Me, too.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

labnjab
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2010, 9:49 pm

Same here I even bring up arguments over and over even.days later I can't get over them for awhile especially huge ones

Your Aspie score: 187 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 30 of 200
This keeps getting higher everytime I take it :/

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 12:06 am

happymusic wrote:
I forget arguments very quickly. Not on purpose, but it's like my mind just moves on, as though the argument just didn't matter that much. I don't hold grudges either, but it's because I'm so freakin' forgetful! :oops:

I have forgotten some too in the past. One time I found one of my online friend's name on my block list and couldn't remember how it got there. I figured maybe we had an argument and it upset me and I blocked him and then I forgot about it. I've blocked my friends before during an argument because they piss me off. I even had one with my husband last month and I told him this wasn't the internet and if it was, I would had not read what he wrote and if this were on IM, I would have blocked him.

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 2:11 am

I show it more than I feel like it. I don't get over harsh arguements smoothly either.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

19 Jul 2010, 6:19 am

I remember every detail, go over and over it for years.

:(

Basperger
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2010, 6:34 am

I remember arguments very vividly, I think of my head as a kind of file cabinet, I have to put the memory in the right drawer, sometimes it only takes a few minutes, sometimes even months. I don't hold grudges however, except when people are ignorant, I hate that (that goes in the ignorant people drawer :)).

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 11:44 pm

i don't argue with people unless something pretty huge is wrong, and then it's something like "i have given up, and this is the reason." so i have had friendships that were fine until one argument, then ended. :(

if i have something negative to say i just say it. arguing seems like a game. i take everything people say very seriously, so if someone has negative things to say about me it changes things because i then understand their viewpoint toward me as negative.

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2010, 12:31 am

My mother says I'm incapable of staying angry. No matter how furious I am in the heat of the moment, and no matter how much I want to stay mad, I'm usually over it within an hour or two. And even when I'm angry, I'm never foolish enough to lose my temper and snap at the ones I love.

I guess I just don't see a point in being fussed past a certain point. What's done is done, and there's no use in reliving the bad things over and over again. If I spend my life going oh that fight or oh this negative thing, I'll be miserable. Why would I do that? There's just no point to me, so I don't do it.

That doesn't mean I forgive and forget though; I just don't dwell on it or hold on to hate. People get so many chances, and then they go on my mental ignore list, because past a certain amount of time, they're useless to me.

Three years!

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2010, 4:30 am

I get over the anger quickly, but if hurtful things were said, they stay around for a long time as intrusive thoughts.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I