Page 3 of 4 [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

EnglishInvader
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 2:31 pm

I buy bargain price Fila trainers on eBay. I've been wearing my current pair since January and they still look and feel as good as they did seven months ago.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 2:42 pm

My last pair lasted for over 6 years.

Underachiever
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jul 2010, 3:51 pm

I've had the same pair of shoes for 7 years, but I'm inside the house so much that I barely wear them.

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2010, 5:10 pm

This is a very interesting thread indeed cause, I go through shoes so quickly due to the fact, I'm constantly wearing them out in a quick fashion..Hopefully, my current pair shall last me more than a year I hope?

kwilky
Raven
Raven

17 Jul 2010, 5:33 pm

A long time.

ChangelingGirl
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 4:50 am

About a year I guess, but one pair of sandals I just threw away lasted for 8 years.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 7:53 am

Generally about a year to a year and a half. Mine are just starting to die now, which is a pain, as I'm fairly broke and the shoes I like are fairly expensive.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 8:39 am

My work shoes last from anywhere to 6 months to 18 months. I usually try to find a office appropriate pair of lifestyle shoes ie. Hush Puppies, Merrells or Ecco's. That's all I wear to work 5 days a week. I get bored of wearing my non work shoes before they wear out so I have lots of old pairs of them.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 12:34 pm

At least ten years except for my hiking shoes. I wear out the soles in under two years and I need them (the soles) replaced along with the heels.

ruveyn

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 12:48 pm

thechadmaster wrote:
I bought an expensive pair of everyday shoes less than a year ago, they already have a hole or two, the sole rubber is worn down to nothing and the inserts are completely worn too. i have never had a pair of shoes last me more than a year, be it a 20 dollar pair from k-mart or a 100 dollar pair from a shoe store. even the sandals that i bought last month are worn in where the ball of my foot goes and where the joint at the base of my big toe is.

What can i do? this is getting expensive and i dont feel like im walking in an unusual way, my shoes fit right, but they come apart at the seams.

Depends on the shoe:

Flip flops last a couple of months. The sole of the flip flop and the thong part disassemble. If the thong part has one of those vinyl discs that goes through a circular hole in the sole, I put it back through the hole but it comes out much easier and quicker than before. The shoes are a lost cause after that because they keep coming apart so I toss them.
If the flops don't have sole holes, there's no hope for when they break since they are impossible to fix, so they end up in the trash. It doesn't take long, especially when watering the lawn with a sprinkler. The soles of my flip flops get slippery and my feet slide in all different directions causing them to break instantly, sometimes.

New Balance tennis shoes last a couple of years. Usually what happens is holes form in the fabric lining the inside of the shoe so one or both become extremely uncomfortable. I have to buy new ones and save the old pair to mow the yard.

Any other shoe...depending on comfort level...may last years and years or just a few months.
If the shoes are too narrow for my feet, I can put them in a closet and save the pair forever.

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 18 Jul 2010, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jul 2010, 12:49 pm

They last about a year but then I push them another 6 months. I only wear one pair at a time, lol, until they are ragged. I finally had to change out of my last pair because my feet were getting wet, water gets past duck tape. This is a problem for me, wearing different shoes, the whole change around your style thing. I'm grateful I found a look I can get away with and actually not look too odd. I'm glad for all the styles in the world...the paper thin soft Tshirts and soft already old jeans I can buy any day of the week. I don't need much more except when it is cold and then I just throw in a new, soft, but old looking raggy hoodie.

thechadmaster
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 2:35 pm

I live in an area with a harsh winter and i have a tendency to wear my shoes year round (sandals in summer on days off). I ride a bicycle during the summer which cuts down on wear and tear, but during the winter ive been known to walk several miles a day so that might contribute, but i still find it unreasonable for shoes not to last more than a few months.

and the sandals i wear are not the thong type, i hate those. i wear the three strap kind, one at the toe, one where the top of the foot meets the leg, and the other at the heel.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 7:53 pm

It depends. I wear pretty much the exact same shoes all the time. Or no shoes. :lol: If it's a pair of shoes I never wear, they can last pretty much forever. It it's the pair I do wear, as I never wear them often, anyway, just to work, and another pair I have to wear whenever I leave the house for any other reason(not often), they can last maybe a year or so.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2010, 11:51 pm

It depends on how often I wear them. I have a pair of work boots that I've worn for maybe 10 days tops, and they're still good 3 years later. If I wear them everyday, they usually last for a year or two.

Three years!

Desolation_boi
Raven
Raven

19 Jul 2010, 12:39 am

Depends on the shoe and thickness of the sole, but somewhere around 2-3 years. They always get worn on the balls of my feet because I walk on my toes, so I have many pairs with small holes that I can't wear in the rain :P

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2010, 2:17 am

Some where around two to four years. I don't know how I do it either.