Women who have aspergers: A non-issue for them

Page 18 of 19 [ 289 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

Alycat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:11 pm

I'm fed up of some Aspie guys who keep saying that us females have it so much easier.
Message to these guys - you have NO IDEA what it is like to be us. To dismiss the struggles we have is insulting and upsetting.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:18 pm

Tuttle wrote:
Stoek wrote:
The relationship problems (and the things that go along with it) are obviously the hardest problem of aspergers, it's a joke to suggest otherwise.

<sarcasm>Because having a relationship clearly means it doesn't matter if I can eat or not, if I can leave my home or not, if I can pay my bills or not, or other things like that. I can just waste away, feeling trapped inside a room, melting down, not actually doing my self care, not actually eating, but it doesn't matter because I have a relationship, and that's the hardest problem of all! </sarcasm>

No, not at all. If you were so insistent on it being a joke to suggest otherwise, then I went ahead and replied sarcastically.

(For those who have trouble with sarcasm:
No, a relationship is not the hardest problem of Asperger's. What is "hardest" for people is dependent on the person.
Relationships are not a more important, more meaningful challenge, or a harder challenge than self care, than finding jobs (which most people with Asperger's don't get), or than simply going around in public normally. All of these are things that people with Asperger's have challenges with
Personally, I have problems with simply keeping myself fed (sensory issues + executive functioning issues), have no income, have no job, have been deemed unemployable by vocational rehab because of my disability (yet don't have disability payments), can't reasonably leave my home and go out to everywhere in public (and not because of anxiety), have meltdowns, have shutdowns, go nonverbal for periods of time...

All of those are harder challenges than a relationship. Far harder. I find "Being able to keep fed, keep myself from malnutritian" a rather central one.

)
Everyone with aspergers has different problems, some that are unique to themselves, some that are more common.

The relationship issue, is by far the most common and difficult to deal with.

Stoek
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:21 pm

MrXxx wrote:
Stoek wrote:
Your acting like these are claims, most of what I'm saying is clearly proven fact, and the rest is hard to proove directly but pretty much accepted as fact.

Proven fact? Really?

Then you wouldn't mind providing said proof then, would you?
Pretty much every piece of dating and testing ever supports what I say.

Woman prefer men with money.

Men prefer looks over income.

It's exceptionally hard to proove, but it is their non the less.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2012, 1:24 pm

This thread was accidentally resurrected three days ago after thankfully dying on it's own long ago, it is serving no useful purpose and is causing ridiculous sexist claims to surface furthering more argument that should have been left for dead a year and a half ago so I am locking it.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...