Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

AlexUK
Raven
Raven

25 Apr 2006, 4:51 pm

....Anyway who would want to be hipnotized to try and see who they where in a previouse life or is reincarnation not an Aspie "thing" ? I think, if you look at people you can see who have new spirits or who are "new" people. Perhaps reincarnated people who turn out to be Aspies are the more cynical type like myself (ok so this notion way be wacky). I hav`nt the faintest idea who i may have been in a previouse life but i wouldnt would i? But i have seen it done where through hipnosis you can, with no outworldy guidence, traval back and speak, while under, what you are doing or seeing.....What do you think?

Alex

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 5:22 pm

I don't believe reincarnation is very likely; it is an idea that really has very little proof... only subjective testimonials.

As it is, hypnosis or something of that sort, if reincarnation were real, might indeed aid in recalling one's past lives. Attempting this sort of thing is indeed not very "Aspie", since concrete thinkers tend towards belief systems with as much logic and proof as possible. However, many Aspies are religious (I am one), so a belief in reincarnation is not necessarily excluded from the realm of possibility.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2006, 6:46 pm

It would be fun to try, just for kicks. If you are going under hypnosis with the intent of recalling a past life then your imagination is going to make up one.

dgd1788
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2006, 9:19 pm

My friend hipnotised me to walk in snow barefoot, and stick my face in it. I snapped out of it thinking "What the heck?!?" he laughed and I laughed as well.