Just something I just needed to get out

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

05 Oct 2010, 9:09 am

Okay, so years ago, Captain Planet was one of my favorite tv shows. Well, it still is, I still watch at least two episodes each evening all night, well, one of them is always the same one, so I guess I should say only one. And I did come to think that the power was ours to make a difference, which I actually wanted to do, just like they said on the show and the planeteer alerts. Now I would not only follow what they said, but also come up with my own small ways to conserve energy, such as listening to my music with the lights off. How I used to get in such trouble for it. I even went through the garbage when I took it out and seperated it. My parents especially my mother insisted that was one of my psychotic obsessions.

Well, I decided to give it up, although I still try to do things such as recycle when I can, and they won't find out. Recently, my mother has been complaining about the electric bill very much, insisting it is my fault and that I am a psychopath who enjoys hurting other people. Now, I simply follow your advice. She insisted constantly that I was ret*d and she payed the electricity, so I shouldn't worry about such stupidity. Well, now why is she complaining because she pays it? :? And how is it exactly my fault? True, I do like to keep the ac at a comfortable temperature, I admit. However, the ac isn't the only thing that uses electricity. Who sleeps with the tv on all night? Who keeps the lights on all night? In my parents' room, the tv can be on all day with no one watching it, simply because my mom or dad or whoever was watching it decided to go downstairs and watch tv there, and not turn this one off. I myself have very good eyes, and I don't need the light to go down the stairs, to find my way to the bathroom, to my room or anywhere else in the house, yet I am to blame most.

Not to mention my mom comes up with the stupidest things. I mean, what does the fact that I dress the way I do have to do with the electricity or me being a hypocrite about it? What does the fact that I'm a girl and don't like to do laundry have anything to do about it? I'll admit doing laundry isn't one of my favorite things, but what does it have to do with my being a girl? Or with this? And how can she talk

I know I must sound like a real whiner. I guess these are just the things I want to say to her when she's yelling at me about it. But she never lets me talk, she just keeps yelling, and I'm not fast enough to make a good come back to get it out.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain