Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2020, 12:27 am

I need assurance that I will be ok.I'm scared. I wish that there was a lot less hysteria to force me into misery. Please help me!

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 May 2020, 3:19 am

Without knowing your specific circumstances it is hard to say, but you will almost certainly be OK.

Hokieman7
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 May 2020, 4:59 am

I was mainly talking about the coronavirus hysteria but my Mom's boyfriend is gravely ill with some sort of non coronavirus infection,I'm having issues with my boss feeling that I'm using my disability and staying safe from the virus as bad reasons for not coming to work,I work for a non emergeny medical transport company cleaning vans, I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm afraid of civilisation being over and that it's now the the end times.I've felt I noted for several years before covid that people's ability to not be negative had been compromised and that hasn't done me any good.I'm struggling with a sleep medication because of the timing of the pandemic, my own hysteria concerning my extreme right wing Republican bosses insistance that the extreme right is the only way, his party controls everything and he and his hand picked cronies he has working for him never being happy with anything that isn't their own viewpoint,them using expletives to decribe certain polititions of opposite points of view and i feel the universe itself has the aura of wanting to convince everyone that everyone including me should be eliminated because we are no longer capable of any enjoyment of the gift of the universe, or maybe the universe just tends to running from being organized to basically chaos.I doesn't ever seem like my good intentions, words and actions and those of everyone else ever matter in the universe that I try very hard to learn from. Its a long list and I'm developing an anixiety disorder from this if I didn't have it before the pandemic.I know that things can seem a great deal worse than they really are and i really hope thats the case.I just really need to feel that everything will be ok

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 12:36 pm

Hokieman7 wrote:
I was mainly talking about the coronavirus hysteria but my Mom's boyfriend is gravely ill with some sort of non coronavirus infection,I'm having issues with my boss feeling that I'm using my disability and staying safe from the virus as bad reasons for not coming to work,I work for a non emergeny medical transport company cleaning vans, I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm afraid of civilisation being over and that it's now the the end times.I've felt I noted for several years before covid that people's ability to not be negative had been compromised and that hasn't done me any good.I'm struggling with a sleep medication because of the timing of the pandemic, my own hysteria concerning my extreme right wing Republican bosses insistance that the extreme right is the only way, his party controls everything and he and his hand picked cronies he has working for him never being happy with anything that isn't their own viewpoint,them using expletives to decribe certain politicians of opposite points of view and i feel the universe itself has the aura of wanting to convince everyone that everyone including me should be eliminated because we are no longer capable of any enjoyment of the gift of the universe, or maybe the universe just tends to running from being organized to basically chaos.I doesn't ever seem like my good intentions, words and actions and those of everyone else ever matter in the universe that I try very hard to learn from. Its a long list and I'm developing an anixiety disorder from this if I didn't have it before the pandemic.I know that things can seem a great deal worse than they really are and i really hope thats the case.I just really need to feel that everything will be ok

I don't think these are the end times. Corona is dangerous but no where near as dangerous as other diseases that have gone around in the past and killed way more people. I also have anxiety around it but what I try to remind myself is that while it sucks right now things are moving and changing so fast in only a couple of months. Who knows where we will be in one year? Governments may be showing their incompetence and we are seeing people being stupid but I like to believe most of us have sense and things will end up ok in the end and we will look back on this in a couple of years as something crazy that happened. I honesty think everything will be ok in the end.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 1:51 pm

Sending hugs and reassurance. This too shall pass.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 2:32 pm

dear hokieman ,, hope you are able to recover from those feelings / situations your facing ,
Seems am feeling some of the same feelings very recently ......but where their is life there is hope .
My Grandma used to say to me . If you wake up each morning and can stand up or sit , that could be alot more than some of us have been able to do , at one point or another in our lives .
Things eventually always change , and sometimes the wait between those changes can be hard to survive through , but many people before you have had to make it through some pretty hopeless times . And the human race with all its diversity is still on this planet . Please try to hang in there through these times ..take time for yourself exclusively , just to get out of your own headspace , It is very important to , make this a practice for yourself .Even if it is as simple as forcing yourself to just lie down for twenty minutes every midday . And claim that twenty minutes to be yours and no one elses , . :D @ hokieman .

where ever you go ,there you are

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 May 2020, 3:29 pm

Hokieman7 wrote:
I was mainly talking about the coronavirus hysteria but my Mom's boyfriend is gravely ill with some sort of non coronavirus infection,I'm having issues with my boss feeling that I'm using my disability and staying safe from the virus as bad reasons for not coming to work,I work for a non emergeny medical transport company cleaning vans, I'm having trouble sleeping. I'm afraid of civilisation being over and that it's now the the end times.I've felt I noted for several years before covid that people's ability to not be negative had been compromised and that hasn't done me any good.I'm struggling with a sleep medication because of the timing of the pandemic, my own hysteria concerning my extreme right wing Republican bosses insistance that the extreme right is the only way, his party controls everything and he and his hand picked cronies he has working for him never being happy with anything that isn't their own viewpoint,them using expletives to decribe certain polititions of opposite points of view and i feel the universe itself has the aura of wanting to convince everyone that everyone including me should be eliminated because we are no longer capable of any enjoyment of the gift of the universe, or maybe the universe just tends to running from being organized to basically chaos.I doesn't ever seem like my good intentions, words and actions and those of everyone else ever matter in the universe that I try very hard to learn from. Its a long list and I'm developing an anixiety disorder from this if I didn't have it before the pandemic.I know that things can seem a great deal worse than they really are and i really hope thats the case.I just really need to feel that everything will be ok

It seems like you have some genuine problems, but you’re also catastrophising a bit.

Think about the problems you can do something about. Try to take a step to solve them. For example, could you report your boss to HR if he is violating company policy.

Then there are problems you can’t do anything about, like your sick relative. There’s not much point worrying about things you can’t do anything about. One way to handle these feelings can be to notice that you are worried, then agree to let the worry go away. Don’t force it out your mind, just acknowledge that you are having a thought, and that thought is giving you certain emotions, and your body might be reacting in a certain way... and then let the thought drift away.

Then some of your problems are entirely down to your brain playing tricks on you. I know these thoughts can be scary because they happen to me a lot too. But the world is not ending.

If you have trouble believing that, then imagine that I told you that I was certain that I am going to die tomorrow. What would you say to me?

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2020, 3:56 pm

(((hokieman7)))

What I have found useful for me (and the more you practice it, the better it works) is to stop whatever I am doing and ask myself, "Are you okay, right now, this minute." Never mind what might happen, or what is happening to other people. Just focus on you. If you are okay right this minute, then you are OK.

You string these minutes together throughout the day, and you are OK.