Would you care if someone you hated died?

Page 2 of 10 [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 1:10 pm

I think...I think...

I think its probably unwise to publicly document an attitude, opinion or mental state that might be at some point construed into an excuse for depriving one of one's freedom. :|

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 1:21 pm

Not really. I would only be sorry they died because the dead rest, and suffer no more. I would prefer them to stay alive, and live through something horrible. I have a cousin whom I grew to hate so much because my mother compared me to her, and she was everything I wasn't, popular, she dressed and acted and was interested in things for people her age, things like that. I hate her more than I ever hated the people who would bully me at school. I would much rather something very horrible happened to her, such as she became addicted to drugs, dropped out of school, got an std or something like that.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 2:26 pm

Todesking wrote:
I would laugh and save the death notice from the obituary in the newspaper.

Somebody who did something really bad to me when I was a child died several years ago, and I have kept the obituary. I often had thoughts of killing this person, in ways that were really cruel, painful, gruesome and (when I was thinking that way) extremely imaginative and amusing.

When I saw that he had died, I was very upset, for a long time. I say "upset" because I don't know what the emotion was - grief, released anger, deep sorrow, I have no idea. There was no relief, no happiness, no positive emotion of any kind at his death - but I did stop feeling bad about the thing he had done to me, over time.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 3:27 pm

probably, because its not the dead person who suffers is it.
not that i tend to hate people anyway

frag
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 3:44 pm

I would feel cheated. Then I would be deprived telling them what I really think about them.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 4:00 pm

it seems that hatred and love are flipsides of the same emotional coin. if you hate somebody you still place an importance on the life of said hated person. it is better if you can say of such, "i wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire."

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 4:03 pm

you guys are harsh!

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 4:31 pm

If it was someone I truly hated I probably wouldn't care. Actually I take that back. I would feel a little bit of disappointment that I didn't get to kill said person myself.

Just being honest here. I'm not the most emotionally stable person. I tend to feel things VERY deeply, especially anger.

takemitsu
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 4:48 pm

Depends, I'd probably be very paranoid thinking that somewhere there is still forensic evidence I didn't destroy.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 4:51 pm

marshall wrote:
If it was someone I truly hated I probably wouldn't care. Actually I take that back. I would feel a little bit of disappointment that I didn't get to kill said person myself.

Just being honest here. I'm not the most emotionally stable person. I tend to feel things VERY deeply, especially anger.

I don't judge you for that.
There is one girl from my past who just has a really really ugly soul.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:12 pm

I wouldn't really feel anything because they died and they hated me, but then again, I don't have much people I hate and I just can't hate a person, makes me feel really bad.

Hodor
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 5:58 pm

I don't really hate anyone. There are some people who have really wronged me in the past, and what's worse, they can't see that they've done anything wrong, and they're popular and well liked. If they died, yes I probably would care because I unwisely invested a lot of time into these people.

If a celebrity dies, I doubt I'd actually care whether I liked them or not. The death of a famous person might be sad yes, but unless it affects me personally, I can't say I'd care.

Mike1
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 6:42 pm

I would probably be happy, but I would feel guilty about being happy and about all of the terrible things I fantasized about doing to them. Most of the time I'm unsure of whether I hate someone or not because I'm paranoid and get angry really easy. I took this online personality disorder test and I tested positive for all ten personality disorders and I'm not on any medication. I never told anyone so they don't put me in therapy. I'm really emotionally unstable. Last year I went into a stage of deep depression and I felt pain in my chest at least five times like I was going to have a heart attack, but I never told anyone because I'm afraid that they will do a blood test and I'm afraid of needles, but I recovered and I don't feel chest pain anymore.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 6:50 pm

well it's one person i hate that i'm plotting to kill. with help maybe . but i'm too scare to go through with it. but that person is on egg shales. she better hope October turns out okay for my loved one.

oh who I am I kidding my plan is just going to stay in my notebook
i'm sad just thinking about it.

okay I feel sad, great this post made me depressed.
but it gave me an idea for a new thread.

here is the new thread :arrow: threa

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 7:37 pm

I have quite a few people who I could fit into this category. I dont know how I would feel though. I guess there is always a small, primitive part of us who wants to vanquish our enemy.

I would perhaps rather something similar happened to them as they had done to me and then I hear about it and say "There is karma..."

But ultimately it is best to just move on from them. Dont give them any more than a passing thought.

Taking a break.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 8:55 pm

StuartN wrote:
Todesking wrote:
I would laugh and save the death notice from the obituary in the newspaper.

Somebody who did something really bad to me when I was a child died several years ago, and I have kept the obituary. I often had thoughts of killing this person, in ways that were really cruel, painful, gruesome and (when I was thinking that way) extremely imaginative and amusing.

When I saw that he had died, I was very upset, for a long time. I say "upset" because I don't know what the emotion was - grief, released anger, deep sorrow, I have no idea. There was no relief, no happiness, no positive emotion of any kind at his death - but I did stop feeling bad about the thing he had done to me, over time.

For me it would be more of a trophy because I out lived someone who most likely wished me dead. There would be tons of gloating. :twisted:

I once bumped into someone I went to high school with who was not a bully but he did treat me like an idiot a few times back in school to make his buddies laugh. When he saw me after 22 years he could not believe how young I looked while he was graying at the temples and had plenty of lines on his face. He had the balls to ask me if I was so stupid I forgot to age. I looked at him and said it was because I treat people the way they deserve to be treated I am 40 but look 20. You treat people like s**t to make yourself look good infront of others you are 40 but look much older. He looked at me and said well I at least I ain't fat! I countered I can loose the weight but you will always be an as*hole then I walked away. My younger brother and his girlfriend almost needed a change of pants on that one. 8) :lol: Revenge be it putting a hated person's obituary in a scrapbook or burning some mook in a supermarket can be very healthy for the victim helping them move on.

Last edited by Todesking on 06 Aug 2010, 5:37 am, edited 2 times in total.