Is it rare for a person with aspergers to be an INFP?

Page 3 of 5 [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Nonperson
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm

Well, according to the poll it's the 5th most common type. I wouldn't call that rare.

My daughter is an INFP aspie, actually.

drchcat85
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2014, 2:08 pm

Hans Christian Andersen and Vincent van Gogh was famous aspies with INFP profile

Myers Briggs type - INFP
My brother has classic autism; I am not native English speaker;
Autism spectrum is not disorder, is neurodiversity, talent and originality!

Last edited by drchcat85 on 07 Jul 2014, 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

drchcat85
Raven
Raven

07 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

INFP with highly I or/and N can fit in Asperger profile.

Myers Briggs type - INFP

seaturtleisland
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2014, 9:37 pm

I test INFP all the time but the description barely fits me at all. Writing is my preferred mode of communication. That's about it. Yet I consistently come out INFP with the I being my weakest trait of the 4. I'm very close to being ENFP.

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jul 2014, 9:42 am

EnglishInvader wrote:
What's an INFP?

It's a personality type.

AmieLynn
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Jul 2014, 6:06 pm

I have Aspergers and I am INFP. The lady who assessed me said most of the girls on the spectrum she works with are either INFP or INFJ. She specializes in females on the spectrum.

VioletShadows
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Jul 2014, 2:36 am

INFP, here.

Aspie and proud- most of the time.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 9:36 pm

I'd actually say INFP is one of the most common Asperger's types.

lissa1212
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Apr 2015, 10:11 pm

I'm an INFP aspie. I would actually expect it to be a fairly common type for people with Asperger's, though we may come across more as INTPs due to our tendency to have blank facial expressions and monotone voices.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2015, 10:24 pm

You gotta love the internet if you're over 20, because I have no idea what any of these acronyms, if that's what they are, stand for. INFP, ABCD, EFGK, HIJK, OMG IDK LMHO GTGN KTHXBY :lmao:

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Apr 2015, 6:36 pm

I am INFP :P

jenisautistic
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2015, 10:26 pm

I took that test the first time I got infp the Second time I got intj and keep getting that.

halleluhwah
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Apr 2015, 11:21 pm

I'm INFP, but i'm also a giant fa***t, so yeah

drchcat85
Raven
Raven

26 Dec 2015, 6:12 am

I have strongly INFP type and I was last year diagnosed as being on spectrum. I have an abstract and visual thinking, I like to talk about abstract ideas of science, medicine, technology and I love animals. I find quite boring the topics about concrete things. I have strong emotions and I get easily overwhelmed by other's emotions, especially negatives. I deal good with elderly, children, people that pleases me, because this situations requires basal attachment and affective empathy emotions. But I am unable to manage conflicts and I have trouble with arguing, convincing others, this complex situations requiring a good understanding of others perspective and subtle emotions. I have also trouble in understanding social scripts, competitiveness, gender stereotypes, social hierarchy. I don't have big troubles with disruptions in my daily program, but I tend to talk about same abstract subject. I have some sensory-motor issues, for example I startle at suddenly sounds, or I get tired after exposure at traffic sound. I dislike bright sunlight in summertime and I get tired with long reading. I also dislike certain textures.

Myers Briggs type - INFP

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2015, 11:08 am

The first time I took a test I got ISFJ; the second time I got INFJ.

Nymph
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

27 Dec 2015, 1:37 pm

Hi! I'm new here. I don't think that I have Asperger's, but may have NVLD... I don't know. I just learned about it from SabbraCaddabra on a totally unrelated forum. I am sure that I have ADD, inattentive type. However I am undiagnosed. I am an INFP.

This is very interesting to me. As an INFP, I feel things deeply and have a strong degree of empathy. However, this does not show outwardly. Well... it particularly did not show outwardly when I was a kid. As an adult I have learned to express my feelings more, although mostly for the benefit of others. I prefer to keep my feelings private otherwise. I think that this is not unusual for INFPs, although some appear to be more demonstrative. In my experience with other INFPs, ADD seems to be somewhat common. However, I have never heard from an INFP on the autism spectrum. So the question of this thread makes me curious. Asperger's seems much more like the INTP type from what I have read. How do those of you who are INFPs feel like your personality fits with your diagnosis?