Had 5 or 6 Disciplinary hearings, may have another one

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

chris1989
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 12:36 pm

Another day of work and yet again there could be another one because I payed a customer's purchase with a love2shop card but put it through the till as a voucher and the till was down £7. I thought 'bloody hell, not again'.
I hate myself when something like this happens and it makes me feel bad as though I committed a crime. I seem to feel like its always been me that has had these hearings and everyone else at work has had none at all, I seem to think an employee like me with aspergers is prone to making mistakes and feel like blaming it, even though its got nothing to do with aspergers.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 12:43 pm

That sucks. Seems like an easy mistake to make.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 2:24 pm

I paid with a love2shop card today, and I got served by a nice, friendly young man. Would that happen to be you? I mean, it can be a small world. :D

SplendidSnail
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2019, 6:15 pm

chris1989 wrote:
Another day of work and yet again there could be another one because I payed a customer's purchase with a love2shop card but put it through the till as a voucher and the till was down £7. I thought 'bloody hell, not again'.
I hate myself when something like this happens and it makes me feel bad as though I committed a crime. I seem to feel like its always been me that has had these hearings and everyone else at work has had none at all, I seem to think an employee like me with aspergers is prone to making mistakes and feel like blaming it, even though its got nothing to do with aspergers.

That does sound pretty harsh...a disciplinary hearing for what sounds like a relatively minor mistake?

losingit1973
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

12 Apr 2019, 9:39 pm

Years ago when I worked at a large fast food chain we could be written up for the drawer was off by >$.019. But things were simpler then. We only accepted cash. Most of try he companies that I have worked for were absolutely n.a.nparanoid about cash.

AQ 42