Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2010, 12:48 am

Anyone else here a picky eater? My Grandma always complains, ever since I was little.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 1:54 am

That's classic. I'm sure there are a lot of picky eaters here. I wouldn't call myself a picky eater anymore, but there are things I won't eat. (As with everyone.) It's mostly texture, for me.

NOT A DOCTOR

Daftwrist
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

20 Aug 2010, 2:08 am

I won't eat jelly. Or anything with gelatin in it. I'm just disgusted by the texture..

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 2:18 am

I had a hard time eating anything at all for many years. There were times when peanut butter was all I could really handle. I think this was related to dreading going to school--I was physically ill many mornings throughout elementary school.

It got a little better by sixth grade, and by high school I could eat pretty much anything.

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17

Pseudeos
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Aug 2010, 3:12 am

I was a very picky eater when I was younger, but not so much now.

fleeced
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

20 Aug 2010, 3:25 am

don't eat

meat, garlic, vegetable fat, eggs, butter, gelatine ... those are the main ones

xemmaliex
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

20 Aug 2010, 5:32 am

uh, yes, i will only eat variations of potato (without the skins), meat and some fish (only white fish, and only battered or tuna.) i will also eat spaghetti/pasta, and the only sauce i will eat are gravy (only meat) and tomato (not spicy!! !)
I HATE fruit+veg (the texture... ugh) i hate chocolate cereal, i hate ceral lol, i dont really like bread/toast, i dont like mushrooms, beans, pancakes,omlettes, eggs, spices, garlic, pulses, nuts, milk, butter, yoghurt, cheese, etcetc ad nauseum... :D

Guitar_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 6:27 am

I'm considered a picky eater, but in a good way.

I don't like soda. I don't like some candy. :lol:
Butter is disguisting. I prefer margarine that is healthy. Anything else with alot of fat is gross, too.
If anything has alot of bad things in it, I don't eat it (unless its icecream) :lol:
I also prefer oatmeal over cereal, which is better too.

And I love my fruits and veggies!

All this eating healthy is good for me, cancer runs in the family and I'm exercising and eating healthy!!

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 7:13 am

as a child i was quite picky, but im better now. although i still probably eat from a more limited selection than most

Evan7
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

20 Aug 2010, 11:11 am

I'm a extremely picky eater to the point that it's hard for family member's to make a meal with the food I'll eat; so much so, my dad doesn't even try to cook the food I'll eat. I'm not technically a vegetarian or vegan, but there is meat I won't eat (pork or chicken) and I avoid seafood as if it were the plague. Even with beef, I'll only eat tenderloin fillet. I'm even particular with the look and texture of food. There is a lot of cheese I won't touch. I spend a lot of time at the grocery store reading the ingredients on a can of soup or boxed macaroni, etc. Sometimes going to a restaurant, I'm curious about the ingredients in the food. In fact, as much as I'd like to travel and see the world, I'm nervous about the food in foreign countries.

Dnuos
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:36 am

As a child I was an extremely picky eater.

By now I don't really care that much about food anymore; good or not, it's all food. Only if it's more unhealthy than healthy, like soda, I'll avoid it, but otherwise I don't really care.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 11:48 am

Extremely picky! I also make food a big deal in my day. For example, if I'm hungry, I will hold out for hours until I find the perfect thing to eat. I can never understand people who just eat whatever simply because they are hungry. Anyone else like me?

I am picky about things other than food too. Basically my whole life :oops:

ale
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

20 Aug 2010, 3:03 pm

I don't eat:
lettuce, onion, garlic (but garlic oil, yes), chicken(except in chinese food), pork (except in chinese food), lots of fish, most meat, mushrooms, anything w/ pepper or chile, lots of veggies,
These are just to name a couple, I can be really annoying if you don't know I'm a picky eater
[quote="Guitar_Girl"]
Butter is disguisting. I prefer margarine that is healthy. Anything else with alot of fat is gross, too.
quote]
Actually this is just the opposite, margarine is one of the unhealthiest foods invented ever, and btw is tastes to nothing

Galt1957
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Aug 2010, 3:06 pm

Kiseki wrote:
Extremely picky! I also make food a big deal in my day. For example, if I'm hungry, I will hold out for hours until I find the perfect thing to eat. I can never understand people who just eat whatever simply because they are hungry. Anyone else like me?

I am picky about things other than food too. Basically my whole life :oops:
I do that too sometimes,especially if I can't figure out what I want.

Something that bothers me a lot is the smell of some foods. If I don't like the smell, I can't eat it. I truly have no idea how people can eat things like tuna and cabbage. Also, the texture can be an issue if it's too grainy like pears or if it feels weird in my mouth.

abitclueless
Raven
Raven

20 Aug 2010, 4:26 pm

I'm a picky eater but mostly because of low confidence as to whether I would like something or not. Being Northern Irish I eat mashed potatoes :lol:. With them I eat two or three out of carrots, carrots and parsnips, peas or sweetcorn. Otherwise for dinner I would have Sweet & Sour Chicken in batter or a quarter-pounder meal no cheese from McDonalds. In terms of meat I only eat chicken gougons and sausage rolls. These days I have cocktail sausage rolls from Iceland nearly every day for lunch! Other than that I would have sweet and sour Pot Noodle with toast, pineapple toasties, (yes it's true - pineapple in toasted sandwiches) and occasionally I would have French toast, very occasionally chicken soup.

Apart from occasionally having vegetable broth with wheaten bread that's it!

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2010, 5:19 pm

I'm picky eater. I'm a vegan and I hate fat, sauces, creams and sugar. I prefer f.e. vegetables pure and I argue with people who give me them with additions. Bleee!
I hate dry food. I hate white bread, pasta or rice. I hate overcooked pasta, rice and potatoes.
I hate fried food (see: fat). I hate fast food. I avoid restaurants as I can, they give food overcooked, salty and fat.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY