Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

smoogie
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2006, 3:39 pm

I have been playing The Sims since I was 12 (now I play The Sims 2) and wonder if there is a link between the game and people with AS? I mean you can control your Sims and the game is sometimes limitless!

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 8:25 am

I love Sim games, but I tend to prefer ones like Sim City. Where you're more 'detached' from the peoples' lives, I suppose.

I'm currently addicted to Caesar 3.

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 2:17 pm

What I think is really cool is that the sims in some ways is an economic simulator. It shows these little people dealing with their problems of utility maximization(want the bars good and high), of trade-offs to reach certain goals(should I watch TV or play chess), and stuff of that nature. It is really weird to think of the sims as being a little demonstration of micro-economics but it is sort of true as well.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 4:21 pm

I love the Sims. You get to creat your own characters and shape them and make them as successful/unsuccessful as you want. It can be limitless and, whenever I play, its usually for hours on end.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 12:11 pm

It's got nothing to do with having AS. My NT cousin, 19, loves the sims, and plays on it a lot when she's bored. My other NT cousin, 17, loves the sims too. And my NT brother loves his computer games. Most NTs enjoy playing cool computer games as much as Aspies do. Even my NT uncle gace me lots of cheats for the sims 2. :)

I have the sims 2 on computer and I sometimes go on it. When I do, I like to make families up who have 2 teenagers or little kids. I like to make one a really outgoing child, and one to be shy and quiet and no friends. It's better making them as teenagers because they're more easier than little kids. When little kids don't have enough time to do their homework, they soon get took away from their parents - which is a bit stupid. LOL

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 5:16 pm

I think I'm addicted to that game. I originaly bought it just so I could make bulidings but I got addicted and have every expation pack and only need three "stuff" packs. I killed my familes via fire all the time when I first started. I didn't know you needed a smoke decetor. I didn't think I would like the people aspect of Sims but these are people I can control(and I mean control) and they don't interact with me unless I make a "me" sim.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 5:24 pm

Keep in mind. It is only a game.

ruveyn

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 5:36 pm

ruveyn wrote:
Keep in mind. It is only a game.

ruveyn

A really fun game.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 6:06 pm

I like SIMS related stuff. The problem is that, like with most video games, that I don't have the attention span, to play the games. I enjoy looking at images of them, and their houses and gadgets. 8)

Mr_Sensitive
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Aug 2010, 6:09 pm

Ive only ever played sims 1 but I love the build mode. I usually just build houses and stores in the commercial districts

Celoneth
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

I just started playing Sims 2 again, it's very addictive :D
I've been playing it since Sims 1 and used to make furniture for that one, but Sims 2 requires too much 3D modelling stuff.

iHateCamera
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

27 Aug 2010, 8:21 am

I used to play the Sims all the time, and Sims 2 when I got that, and Sims 3 came out last year on my birthday. I was so excited, put it in my computer and.. it didn't work. I don't have the right operating system on either the Mac or the PC, I've tried and failed to make it work and I'm still waiting for some discs to make it run, over a year later :(
I love playing it though, I love building shopping malls and stuff and on Sims 2 I love trying to get them promotions and make them be abducted by aliens and have green babies. :3