Anyone here with Aspergers who likes blood?

Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 2:07 pm

Yes, I think blood is very interesting. I like reading about the different cells and other components of blood (I'm particularly interested in thrombocytes and blood clotting) and sometimes looking at it under a microscope.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 2:28 pm

its the circlitory fluid of choice for me

alexptrans
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 2:35 pm

Eggman wrote:
its the circlitory fluid of choice for me

:-)

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 4:25 pm

like someone else said huh, 4 months ago? lack of iron. Pharmacist--->iron tablets, problem solved.....

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2010, 7:27 pm

Kimmy093 wrote:
I know two people, -one is a good friend of mine- who have aspergers and they like blood... and I'm having the same problem. Is that common by Aspies?

and before anyone would say that, we don`t watch twilight :?

sorry for my bad english

I have always enjoyed the sweet, salty, coppery taste of blood for some reason and when i was younger i would make myself bleed to taste my blood i always thought it was strange but now im not as worried but still kinda from the responses

Jordan87
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Dec 2010, 11:55 pm

Peko wrote:
Willard wrote:
I'm not bothered by blood, but I always thought the taste of it was nasty. Bitter and metallic. Reminds me of chewing on tinfoil. :eew:

If that many people like it, maybe I should start marketing the used paper towels in my tattoo station trash as a snack food - they're already bright and colorful. :P

Hey tinfoil's freakin' awesome :wink:

Umm... you do realize that'd = STD's as snacks 8O

I dunno about STD snacks, but I'm going to copyright the word Asbestios. Too bad I can't actually make an actual product, what with all those big gummint regulations.

On a more serious (And perhaps disgusting) note, blood is a-OK by my book. I'm not going sharpen my canines, go out and bite somebody to get my fix or cut myself and have a feeding frenzy while I leak like a faucet, but when I get the opportunity to taste it for whatever reason, it's pretty good, for as weird as that may sound. Does taste sorta metallic, though, as noted above.

Last edited by Jordan87 on 11 Dec 2010, 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 1:05 am

Yes, I have loved it for as long as I can remember. Mainly my own blood. It's tasty, very salty and a little tangy. The color (I'm talking fresh blood, not the stuff that sometimes comes out in stools) is also amazing.

Only a few people know about my fascination, but mainly because it just isn't the sort of thing that tends to find its way into an ordinary conversation.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 3:43 am

I like blood, so long as it stays in my veins and arteries bringing delicious oxygen to my organs.
I actually used to work for the American Red Cross in the bloodbank. I made sure the plasma in the freezer was labeled correctly. Every once in a while they would give me a list of all the diseased units and I'd have to remove them. I was a little freaked out holding a bag of AIDS blood.

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 4:51 am

I bite the inside of my mouth all of the time as a nervous habit. So I taste blood alot I guess. I don't mind the taste, but it's nothing special. Maybe I've tasted it too much. Sometimes I find the taste a little interesting and keep sucking a wound (More out of continuation of the nervous habbit), but eventually the taste is overwhelming and can start to make my throat burn a bit. I guess that's alot of info :?

I don't particularly care for the taste alot though. The color of blood is cool though. I like painting walls with it in video games :D

Oh yeah and I learned about blood borne pathogens in the 8th grade. Apparently you shouldn't paint with your own blood in art class or you can get sent to the principal's office and be yelled at... not to mention everyone looks at you like you're retarded :roll:

Seriously, I didn't care. I liked the color and I know I don't have anything bad in my blood :P

I found an alternative to this though. They make blood colored paint :D. Oh yeah and it doesn't turn a ugly-muddy-rusted color when it dries :D

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 3:32 pm

If you physicaly crave blood you could have anemia.

Eldanesh
Toucan
Toucan

11 Dec 2010, 3:35 pm

I do ( a lot). I think I have been quoted as saying it's the best condiment, among other things,
I don't think it is AS related...

What is up with these kinds of threads anyways geez?

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 5:14 pm

I love how blood looks, and I have no issues of seeing it in movies or anime. Even if there is a small cut on my hand, I like how it slowly oozes out. Strange huh...

Mercurial
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 9:21 pm

PunkyKat wrote:

No. I have chronic anemia. People who are anemic can get weird craving, like for ice or certain fruits (mine is pineapple). But not for blood itself.

Blood is very poor for nutrition, high in toxic waste products from cell metabolism like urea, and could make you very ill if ingested in large qualities. So craving blood is likely a type of neurotic behavior, and could be associated with various mental illnesses.

Blood tasting--just taking in small amount of blood for pleasure--is likely just a fetish. If it's associated with scab- or skin-picking, it could be a type of Body-Focused Repetitive Behavior, like nail-biting or trichotillomania, and these behaviors are linked to the OCD spectrum.

TheKing
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 10:28 pm

Mercurial wrote:
PunkyKat wrote:

No. I have chronic anemia. People who are anemic can get weird craving, like for ice or certain fruits (mine is pineapple). But not for blood itself.

Blood is very poor for nutrition, high in toxic waste products from cell metabolism like urea, and could make you very ill if ingested in large qualities. So craving blood is likely a type of neurotic behavior, and could be associated with various mental illnesses.

Blood tasting--just taking in small amount of blood for pleasure--is likely just a fetish. If it's associated with scab- or skin-picking, it could be a type of Body-Focused Repetitive Behavior, like nail-biting or trichotillomania, and these behaviors are linked to the OCD spectrum.

i bite my nails until they bleed but if i drink too much blood yeah i get a tummy ache T-T