Walking in a Park at Night By Yourself

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 1:45 pm

Do you like to walk in a park after hours late at night when you are the only person there. I find the solitude gives me a chance to get my thoughts together and helps me to blow off steam.

iniudan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2010, 2:07 pm

Yes and no, not doing it for walk in park at night itself but for the temperature outside, nothing like a walk in very light rain (I live right next to 3 park, the two closest always been calm at night, third one I got no idea never go to it for it right next to one of the town main road so traffic even at night)

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

Silver_Meteor wrote:
Do you like to walk in a park after hours late at night when you are the only person there. I find the solitude gives me a chance to get my thoughts together and helps me to blow off steam.

I walk in the evening but if I could, I would walk late at night. It's not convenient for me to walk that late at night, but, I know what you mean. It's nice to be the only one there.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 2:35 pm

I like walking at night. I've been able to do it a lot since moving to Laramie.

Now in Memphis I wouldn't dare, because either you'd run into a gangster who thought you were trespassing on their territory, or a cop who thought you were a gangster. Either way you'd end up shot.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:09 pm

noway id get raped.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:20 pm

I hear it's unsafe at night.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:27 pm

this is one of my favourate pastimes.

Alone on Hampstead Heath at night
I feel alive like no other time.

From a distance I look at London
and feel truly alive. When walking
in the day in the city centre I feel
seperate and distant from others.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 3:27 pm

League_Girl wrote:
I hear it's unsafe at night.
Some places are very unsafe. Where I walk is pretty safe. If it were someplace else, I might not go.

Kai_Bliss
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

29 Aug 2010, 7:38 pm

I love doing that, gives me time to talk to myself without getting embarrassed.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 7:57 pm

If the weather's nice, yes. I love putting my cat in her stroller, and walk and walk and walk at night.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

EnglishLulu
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 8:26 pm

I do sometimes. Sometimes it's good to go out and just clear my head and get to think about stuff without distractions like the computer, television, radio, the pile of newspapers and magazines and books that I haven't yet gotten round to reading.

And I sometimes like to go out in the rain as well. In spring or summer, when the weather's warm. That can be kind of refreshing, I like the smell of the damp earth.

Molecular_Biologist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Aug 2010, 8:43 pm

I do,

However people think I'm some kind of creepy psycho guy for walking by myself late at night. This is particularly true when I walk in the same place several nights in a row.

I get a lot of dirty/scared looks.

Homer_Bob
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 9:02 pm

There aren't many parks in my area so I tend not to do that. However I definitely love to walk at certain places during the night alone. When I was at a beach resort a few weeks ago, I walked the beach at 10 PM and was loving it. There were very few people around and between the darkness, heavy wind and quiet it was the solitude I needed. For the winter, walking while it's snowing out late at night(especially heavy snow) is very relaxing also.

"The less I know about other people's affairs, the happier I am. I'm not interested in caring about people. I once worked with a guy for three years and never learned his name. The best friend I ever had. We still never talk sometimes."

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

29 Aug 2010, 11:19 pm

Yes, I do that. I don't go outside alone during the day, unless it is me going to meet somebody somewhere, and on rare occasion, going to a store to get something.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.