Page 1 of 2 [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 7:59 pm

Seriously? Why would you be here if you are?

Zara
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:02 pm

I am the most popular guy here. :)

No, really. 8)

Yes I am. :?

You don't believe me? :(

Come check out my photography!
http://dmausf.deviantart.com/

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:10 pm

I wonder if nerds are ever going to be considered the "trend".

Mr_Sensitive
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

14 Sep 2010, 8:17 pm

jc6chan wrote:
I wonder if nerds are ever going to be considered the "trend".

nerds are a trend. Haven't you seen any crappy teenage movies starring Micheal Cera or Jonah Hill? It's just that real nerds are rarely attractive, outgoing and witty

UnderINK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2010, 8:34 pm

I used to be popular in high school. Hard to explain. We had a very small school where everybody knew everybody. I was quiet and hung out with like-minded people, but good looks and money never dictated popularity in my school. A lot of people hated me too, naturally, but out of the 1000 kids that went to our school, I knew and was friendly with around 900 of them. I'd say there are about fifty faces I don't recognize in my yearbook and about fifty I do that didn't get along with me. You didn't have to be socially inclined in my school, thank god. There was no real blatant bullying except for five or six individuals that were grotesque to the point that it was almost unavoidable (like a kid who used to s**t his pants in high school).

Let me put it this way, I dated a football player who had Aspergers syndrome and was in the Gifted program at school. So our school was pretty backwards. slu*ty cheerleaders weren't very popular. Nice looking girls who took AP classes or college classes were, though. Gifted students were quite popular. Mentally handicapped kids in the Gateways program were also 'popular'. Nobody really made fun of them and everyone would bother to go down and volunteer, help out, high-five them in the hallway, help them in class, eat lunch with them, etc. So being 'popular' wasn't a fair assessment where I went.

If the question is, did I have any after school friends? No. I was only 'popular' while I was in school. Out of school, I had a handful of friends that I rarely hung out with.

If I was in a larger school like where my fiance went, I probably would not have been popular.

clumsybee
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Sep 2010, 8:52 pm

I was the least popular person in my school amongst my peers, teachers, and school board. None of them believed I was ill with fibromyalgia and they tore me apart for it. :(

Chibi_Neko
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:54 pm

I was never popular, in fact, I was the bottom of the pecking order back in school.

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:56 pm

I was popular. Everyone in school knew me as "the girl who never talked." :D

Erisad
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 8:57 pm

In college I have a decent amount of friends. In high school I was ostracized. *shrug*

UnderINK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Sep 2010, 9:02 pm

clumsybee wrote:
I was the least popular person in my school amongst my peers, teachers, and school board. None of them believed I was ill with fibromyalgia and they tore me apart for it. :(

One place we did have bullying was amongst staff. There was an office woman that knew my dad and me, and worked partly as a school counselor and partly as an event organizer, secretary, and a bunch of other small jobs. She suffered every day with severely debilitating fibromyalgia for which she took Lyrica. None of her superiors, nor her peers, accepted her problem and acted as if she were faking it and making excuses. It used to lead her into deep depressions she would talk to me about after school.

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:06 pm

I have always been the ultimate pariah....in school, in work and in the world at large.

I think i'm even an outcast here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:06 pm

I wouldn't say that I was popular, but I have a few friends.

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:48 pm

well well well, i was going to say i am the most UNpopular humanoid on w. p., but after reading some of the above, i must conclude i was in error. must be my willingness to be considerate of those with opposing views, always being kind and generous. the wonderfulness of myself. i glow.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:52 pm

I've always been "popular" and "unpopular" at the same time. You can't please everyone. It usually leans towards unpopular.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2010, 9:56 pm

Nope, never been popular.

Only popularity I ever had was on my own chat, I really don't understand the sucking up to admin. But I guess it is something people like because most like when other people like them for no reason. It creeps me out.

Cassia
Toucan
Toucan

14 Sep 2010, 10:05 pm

I guess it depends what you mean by popular. I think most people I know like me, or at least don't dislike me. But it's not like people go out of their way to get my attention or to be friends with me or to get me to have a good opinion of them.

Now convinced that I'm a bit autistic, but still unsure if I'd qualify for a diagnosis, since it causes me few problems. Apparently people who are familiar with the autism spectrum can readily spot that I'm a bit autistic, though.