Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:52 pm

That damned thing has been an albatross around my neck for four years.

Its weird. You post a blog about a TV show and people care. Post one about your cancer coming back... and the cockroaches scatter.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 7:57 pm

Congrats.

Gone with the shallow stuff.

Good going.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 10:39 am

Well done! I felt the same when I got rid of my Facebook account.

Jigsaw
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Sep 2010, 2:03 pm

I'm new here, and new to Aspergers, and, just coming to terms with my diagnosis and everything that's related to it (is anything NOT related to it? Doesn't seem so).

And my Facebook account makes me crazy -- people are there, then not there, they talk to you, then they ignore you . . . I hate it. No one is consistent. I had been thinking of deleting it since about a week after I opened it, earlier this year. Nice to see that I'm not alone in this whole thing. I cannot handle it. It goes. Thanks for the post, because it helps me know it's not 'me.'

As I said in my intro, everything in life is now becoming clear to me (why I feel as I do, why I can't handle things like FB, why I sit in my classroom on break and lunch rather than into the staffroom with the others, why I sit with jigsaw puzzles rather than go out with people, etc.

I feel like a cloud has been lifted -- I'm so glad for this site.

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2010, 2:23 pm

I wish I could do the same with my Facebook. I hate it so much, but I find myself going there almost daily. Everyone joining those stupid groups and inviting me to groups and making pointless status updates, everything about it just bothers me for no reason. I can't stand it.

I've tried deleting it before.. but it's recoverable.. I found myself recovering it every now and then so I can confirm that I'm going to someone's house or get help with homework and ect.. I wish there was a way to destroy facebook completely..

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:41 pm

I havnt joined any networking sites at all, thanks for the reminder :wink:

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 4:51 pm

leftyswin wrote:
I wish I could do the same with my Facebook. I hate it so much, but I find myself going there almost daily. Everyone joining those stupid groups and inviting me to groups and making pointless status updates, everything about it just bothers me for no reason. I can't stand it.

I've tried deleting it before.. but it's recoverable.. I found myself recovering it every now and then so I can confirm that I'm going to someone's house or get help with homework and ect.. I wish there was a way to destroy facebook completely..

There is a way to delete it completely,
they just hide it....I'm happy to say I am facebook free and my account is no longer recoverable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6cfBNVM2X8
happy deleting....

also myspace free...though seems like that one was dying...liked it better than facebook because atleast they had some cool music to find...until they screwed up their music search engine.

RaceDrv709
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 5:20 pm

I got rid of my Myspace account months ago. Now I just use Facebook.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 5:21 pm

MizLiz I'm snoopy I know but this means you have cancer?

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2010, 5:32 pm

liveandletdie wrote:
leftyswin wrote:

There is a way to delete it completely,
they just hide it....I'm happy to say I am facebook free and my account is no longer recoverable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6cfBNVM2X8
happy deleting....

also myspace free...though seems like that one was dying...liked it better than facebook because atleast they had some cool music to find...until they screwed up their music search engine.

Crap, now I don't have an excuse not to get rid of it. A few months ago I reported a friend for being underage as a prank and facebook actually deleted his account completely. That seems like a good way to not only delete your account permanently, but also to make facebook delete your info from their database. I've been debating rather or not I should do that for a while now..

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2010, 5:41 pm

Well.. I just deleted my facebook. Apparently I have to go 14 days without signing in for it to be gone forever. Wish me luck.

liveandletdie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 5:49 pm

leftyswin wrote:
Well.. I just deleted my facebook. Apparently I have to go 14 days without signing in for it to be gone forever. Wish me luck.

good luck =)

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 5:58 pm

frag wrote:
MizLiz I'm snoopy I know but this means you have cancer?

No. I'm lying. :roll:

I didn't know you could delete facebook. I started one when I was in college then stopped using it when they let non-college people (like peoples' moms and 12 year old siblings) in. That's next on the chopping block.

frag
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 8:49 pm

I don't know if you make fun of me or if you were really lying.

dmvguy
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Sep 2010, 10:57 pm

I just deleted my twitter and my facebook

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 11:20 pm

I'm just messing with you a bit. I really do have cancer and when I posted a blog about it being back, it didn't get any responses... for two months (then I deleted the page). But anytime I post about something stupid, people love it.