Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 3:06 pm

Hi everyone. I made a second video, and this time I am brave enough to post it in this forum, and not just the Members Only forum like the last one. I was still extraordinarily nervous the whole time, but with practice it will get better. I hope you like it. Comments, and criticism welcome.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2GajbXWFeU[/youtube]

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 4:30 pm

I shudder to think of the playgroups you speak of. I really hate when those NT women get together and whisper about "the weird one" like we're deaf. And then they sometimes even have the nerve to keep pretending to be your friend, either with the exception of inviting you places or actually inviting you places and continuing to whisper about you to eachother the whole time.

I think I'd rather actually be socked in the jaw and called a "fa***t".

I wish "weird" children on all of them.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 9:00 pm

Chronos wrote:

One of the girls who liked to make fun of me for being in special education she would talk to me like she was retarded it sounded like she had half a tongue or she would yell duuuuuhhhh when I walked by. One of my former co-workers wives works with her and his wife told him her kid has some form of autism and will be put in special education classes. He asked me if I knew her because she lives in Depew too. I hope her kid has a better time at it than I had. I would like to meet her again to tell her I have Aspergers. I actually feel sorry for her kid having to go thru what I did.

Corp900
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 Sep 2010, 11:32 pm

I feel your pain mom, you can private message me if ya want 2 be friends.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 10:58 am

Chronos wrote:
I shudder to think of the playgroups you speak of. I really hate when those NT women get together and whisper about "the weird one" like we're deaf. And then they sometimes even have the nerve to keep pretending to be your friend, either with the exception of inviting you places or actually inviting you places and continuing to whisper about you to eachother the whole time.

I think I'd rather actually be socked in the jaw and called a "fa***t".

Yeah, if I were called a derogatory name, and physically hit, then at least I'd know for a fact that a negative interaction just took place, rather than being unsure about what just happened. The other kind of social snobbery can go on for quite some time before I even get an inkling that I'm being made a fool of, or rejected. Which, I guess is why it's hard to be a parent, because if I socialize, and do it poorly my kids are going to pay the price, but if I hide in my hermit glory then they also get penalized, because no one knows who we are. We live in a small town, and people knowing, and trusting you means a lot here.

I don't wish weird kids on snotty women, because they will treat them like they're ashamed of them, and no kid deserves that.

leftyswin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Sep 2010, 11:12 am

Todesking wrote:
Chronos wrote:

One of the girls who liked to make fun of me for being in special education she would talk to me like she was retarded it sounded like she had half a tongue or she would yell duuuuuhhhh when I walked by. One of my former co-workers wives works with her and his wife told him her kid has some form of autism and will be put in special education classes. He asked me if I knew her because she lives in Depew too. I hope her kid has a better time at it than I had. I would like to meet her again to tell her I have Aspergers. I actually feel sorry for her kid having to go thru what I did.

lol, karma.