Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

__biro
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

06 Apr 2009, 12:24 pm

When it comes to music like playing guitar and drums I have perfect rhythm. I find it difficult to understand how people don't have good rhythm when they play an instrument. Dancing is different though, I have no rhythm at all when it comes to dancing or aerobics.

It doesn't make sense to me how I could have rhythm in one thing and not the other. Anyone the same?

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 1:51 pm

Upper body vs. lower body? I have rather good dexterity and control of my hands, but when it comes to big movements, I'm pretty clumsy.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 5:12 pm

I have very good rhythm too, and really notice when rhythm changes or goes off.

kaitlyn_loves_music
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Apr 2009, 6:11 pm

i have no rhythm at all when it comes to dancing or playing an instrument.
i even tryed playing guitar it hurt my fingers and my rhythm is off i guess :?

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2009, 7:35 pm

Callista wrote:
Upper body vs. lower body? I have rather good dexterity and control of my hands, but when it comes to big movements, I'm pretty clumsy.

I'm the opposite.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 11:27 am

__biro wrote:
When it comes to music like playing guitar and drums I have perfect rhythm. I find it difficult to understand how people don't have good rhythm when they play an instrument. Dancing is different though, I have no rhythm at all when it comes to dancing or aerobics.

It doesn't make sense to me how I could have rhythm in one thing and not the other. Anyone the same?

---

Being a musician is not the same as having the ability to dance.

Barry Manilow can sing but can't really dance.

Andy Williams can both sing and dance.

Dale Evans could sing but not dance.

A few persons like Sammy Davis, Jr. had broad talents in many different areas: singing, dancing, acting.

Many ballet dancers have great ballet abilities but don't sing at all.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 12:26 pm

I am exactly the same. I can keep a beat perfectly, and it baffles me how other people can't, simply because it's so easy for me. But if I try to dance at all, all of my rhythm is suddenly nowhere to be found.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 12:43 pm

did you guys practice to keep a beat? I had to practice to get it down but now i would say i am fairly good at it as long as there is not to much complex stuff going on.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 12:56 pm

I think I am absolutely rhythm-less ! :lol:

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 3:18 pm

I have no sense of rhythm when the notes are getting smaller and smaller. I have to listen to someone play the whole sequence first before I can play it myself.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2010, 5:46 pm

Not uncommon at all. There are a great deal of fantastic musicians who can't dance at all. There's a huge difference between feeling a rhythm, being able to express that rhythm through an instrument, and being able to express it through your entire body.

Dancing is almost like playing music with your body. Very few musicians can keep good rhythm on many different instruments. I can keep perfect rhythm on the guitar, but not with a keyboard, or with drums.

And my dancing sucks too.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...